Cold weather oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
Garak, can you please explain what a cold weather package is, and what it includes? Down here in the South, having that option on a vehicle would be about as funny as a submarine with a screen door!
crackmeup2.gif

Usually, it's just a block heater, but I've seen them with battery warmers and/or high output heater cores and/or auxiliary heaters (i.e. some vans) before, and other tidbits jayg mentioned..

mightymousetech: Here, one block heater on ever 200 cars could start a riot.
wink.gif
Now that you mention it, some of the build your own vehicle sections on automaker websites do list that as an option or standard equipment (well, option with a cash rebate), depending upon province. With running all winter, there were guys here who didn't turn off vehicles for long periods, too. That was common for some LPG guys, and, of course, diesel trucks overnighting.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Threads like this remind me of the BITOG'r who can feel a difference in starting their snow blower in 30*F weather with 0w30.
laugh.gif

I had to change the oil in my lawnmower as I couldn't pull the cord fast enough with SAE30 at 30F. 5W30 and way easier on the pull cord.

0W20 also drains nicely even when cold. I don't like dealing with scalding oil during an oil change.

So, back on topic; where I am currently I’m using Magnatec 5w20 and re using the TG-4386 filter. To be low of 1 next few days but in 30’s

The M1 HM 5w30 I siphoned out was remarkably clean for having 6,xxx~ on it also

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back