Cloud seeding.

The soviets would seed the clouds a hundred or so mi west of Moscow ahead of big parades and whatnot, to keep the rain and snow away... dump it on the peasants well outside the city.

Google.. operation stormfury.....Military tried to seed hurricanes...

This is not normal.

Skywriting.jpg

Sir -
When you’re in a hole, stop digging.
Did you read the paper linked by @MolaKule ?

It was published in 2019, is fairly lengthy, quite technical, explains whats cloud seeding efforts have been tried, goes into the methodology of how the results can be assessed, explains how research has progressed, discusses results.

I’ll summarize - we still don’t know if cloud seeding actually works. The evidence is inconclusive.

It does call for continued research.

But until we know if it works, cloud seeding is based on belief, not science.

We don't usually get any here and we have a lot of high air traffic. Some days we get a lot and they criss cross like this. Not a normal flight pattern here.
Some days contrails form. Some days they don’t. It’s not a “flight pattern” issue, it’s due to variation in the temperature and moisture content of the upper atmosphere.

When I was flying Fighters, we would climb up, see where they were forming that day, and then fly just below that level to avoid highlighting our position.

Now, flying airliners, at a normal flight level, some days we are putting out contrails, some days we are not. Some days, when I see nearby traffic, they have huge contrails, some days, not.

The level varies. So, contrail formation varies. This is just a result of normal variation in temperature and moisture content of the air.

Some days contrails form. Some days they don’t. It’s not a “flight pattern” issue, it’s due to variation in the temperature and moisture content of the upper atmosphere.

When I was flying Fighters, we would climb up, see where they were forming that day, and then fly just below that level to avoid highlighting our position.

Now, flying airliners, at a normal flight level, some days we are putting out contrails, some days we are not. Some days, when I see nearby traffic, they have huge contrails, some days, not.

The level varies. So, contrail formation varies. This is just a result of normal variation in temperature and moisture content of the air.

Some days some planes leave contrails and others near them don't. Some days contrails quickly disappear and somedays they end up clouding up the whole sky. Anybody can edit the wiki.....

Some days some planes leave contrails and others near them don't. Some days contrails quickly disappear and somedays they end up clouding up the whole sky. Anybody can edit the wiki.....

Altitude, engine variation (water vapour created), aerodynamics, weather patterns, etc can affect contrails as well.

That’s what I just said. Some days they form, some days they don’t.

There are a lot of variables down here on the ground - we see variation in things like temperature and moisture content. Some days are sunny, some days are rainy, some days are foggy, some days are windy.

It’s the same in the upper atmosphere, there is variation, and so on some days contrails form at a certain altitude, and some days they don’t.

Are you suggesting that the wiki has been edited to cover some nefarious purpose behind contrails?

Many people don’t realize that there were contrails before the jet engine was available.
The contrails can be seen in old WWII film clips. Bomber groups of B-17s, B-24s, and Lancasters would leave very obvious contrails.
Here’s an experiment for the chemtrail crowd. Exhale on a cold day.

Reactions: hrv
Many people don’t realize that there were contrails before the jet engine was available.
The contrails can be seen in old WWII film clips. Bomber groups of B-17s, B-24s, and Lancasters would leave very obvious contrails.
Here’s an experiment for the chemtrail crowd. Exhale on a cold day.
There is a specific amount of water vapor per unit of fuel used. Why do some start out thin and evenly cloud up the whole sky while others dissipate after a few miles?

No one argues that high flying engines produce water vapor that condenses to form contrails.

Saudi Arabia has had a cloud seeding program since 2002. They are not sure if the program could have added to the historic flooding but … here is a good summary

Last edited:
Back