Cleaning Windshield and Windows

Shel_B

Site Donor 2023
I want to clean my windshield and windows. I used Windex and a cotton towel-like cloth, but the results were streaked. Tried it a second time, and while improved, the windows, especially the windshield, still showed some streaks which are very noticeable when the sun hits the glass at certain angles.

We used to use a product called Glass Wax made by Gold Seal, but the company is no longer in business.

What's a good product, and a good method, to get the glass clean and streak-free? I'm not looking for a Concours result, just a good, clean piece of glass to look through for a daily driver. Thanks!

1D19E609-630D-4122-ACD0-E6F348700238.jpeg

ALERT: This regards using newspaper to clean glass.
IN BRIEF: Use only black & white printed pages. Color photos are printed on an initial white ink base which runs and streaks horribly.

To the OP: Use a good cleaner and Samoyed fur.

Last edited:
ALERT: This regards using newspaper to clean glass.
IN BRIEF: Use only black & white printed pages. Color photos are printed on an initial white ink base which runs and streaks horribly.

Plus, newspapers are practically extinct. Hardly anyone gets one anymore.

The soy vegetable ink is a problem for sure.

what do you guys use to get film off a windshield?

I have no idea what it is, but I see it on my windshield every morning going to work.

I typically use Sprayway

:LOL:who ever used the funnies to wipe glass but I suppose if my response is going to get critiqued that's a good one. :cool:?
Prim really dude there are still 10 of thousands of newspaper subscribers in the USA today.:cautious:
My neighbor gives me all his I use it for varies painting and CLEANING projects. Wanna picture? I tend yo support my info with real experience and almost always a picture so say the word my friend! ;)

The video wow what a terrible job. No one noticed that the glass was not cleaned. When glass is clean properly it reacts defiantly to any applied liquids like water and most all glass cleaner . But the kid was young in the video he will learn.

Back