Choosing a LOC for a aftermarket stereo system..

I'm putting a system in my 13 Ford Edge it's got the 4-in screen, keeping the original head unit, replacing door speakers, installing an amp with a converter already in it, but I want the best sound that I can get, so I'm putting in a separate LOC also installing a subwoofer. Want to know what LOC you guys have used.. I'm looking at the lc7i. Which is highly recommended, but it's pricey!!! I'm interested to see what other ones you guys have used. Thank you..

Rockford Fosgate speakers.
JL audio xd600/6v2 amp
Kenwood Excelon subwoofer

I also upgraded the door speakers, dash tweeters and added an amp to my Honda.
I was terribly unimpressed once I got it all setup.
I had a few suggest adding a LOC. I then realized all the wiring required to get it working... o_O

Since I mostly use spotify from my phone as my audio source, I simply went into my android's eq settings and made the changes.
After that change I noticed a 110% increase in sound quality.
The only time I wish I had a LOC is when listening to the radio. But that's such a small amount of time, I just live with it.
🤷‍♂️

I hate LOC's but depends on the what the factory radio outputs, which you need to research. Use a DSP.

Crutchfield can make recommendations.

I hate LOC's but depends on the what the factory radio outputs, which you need to research. Use a DSP.

Crutchfield can make recommendations.

DSP's are way too much for me.. I have gotten already over my head with this. This all started with a blown speaker, and a friend offered me his amp. ,🤷🏻‍♂️

I'm putting a system in my 13 Ford Edge it's got the 4-in screen, keeping the original head unit, replacing door speakers, installing an amp with a converter already in it, but I want the best sound that I can get, so I'm putting in a separate LOC also installing a subwoofer. Want to know what LOC you guys have used.. I'm looking at the lc7i. Which is highly recommended, but it's pricey!!! I'm interested to see what other ones you guys have used. Thank you..

Rockford Fosgate speakers.
JL audio xd600/6v2 amp
Kenwood Excelon subwoofer
That one looks good, does it need an amp to work? I'd highly suggest arc audio, as they make great audio gear.

That is through my head unit..
In my situation, my Honda has the ability to pair via bluetooth to my Android for calls, music etc.
I only use it for the music which I can manipulate the phone's EQ for the desired audio output.

Do you have the ability to pair your phone with you HU with bluetooth or some other means?
If so, you might be able to open and play Sirius on your smartphone.

Back