CHEERS tv show

....and the opening announcement from the producers; "Cheers is filmed in front of a live studio audience".
That was a common announcement at the time.
I also recall it being used by the character who played "Rudy" in early episodes of "The Cosby Show"
maxresdefault.jpg

yep, watched CHEERS all the time back in the day, still catch reruns at times

Didn't care for Shelly Long back then so I didn't watch first airings but grew to like the show thru reruns. I always thought Cliff was the best part of the show.

Same with Frazier. David Hyde Pierce was outstanding in that series.

Didn't care for Shelly Long back then so I didn't watch first airings but grew to like the show thru reruns. I always thought Cliff was the best part of the show.

Same with Frazier. David Hyde Pierce was outstanding in that series.
I am a CPA, so I always appreciated Norm. My wife and I finished watching Season 5 last night. I keep wondering why Rebecca, aka Back Seat Becky, doesn't have pointed ears. Or, is that why her hair always covers her ears?

NORM! How's the world treating you? Like a baby treats a diaper.

Favorite episode is the one where Rebecca is trying to quit smoking.

I like Cheers but it came a bit redundant towards the end and "jumped the shark" the last couple seasons. I'd love to watch but it's not on often in syndication as shows like M*A*SH are...

Yeah. 35 years ago. 😁

I remember the song was so touching it made me sad as a kid. I wanted to go to that bar and hang out "where everybody knows your name". I guess because I didn't have many friends. Boo hoo...!

Back