check-out line rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cashier failed to handle the situation well, especially if the store was that busy and only one register in action. Cashier should have asked her to get all ready on the side, then cut her back in line when coupon gal was ready for a quick checkout.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Yesterday I was extremely fascinated by the stupidity and inconsiderate people at a self serve gas station. It's typical but not surprising, which is why I usually gas up during off peak hours. Rather than get totally [censored] off I watched until I had enough and exited. I ended up buying gas down the road. I also walked into the post office, and made a rapid exit, the gas station episode was enough for the day. I didn't need to witness another display of stupidity.

Living in NJ, we can't pump our own gas. Therefore, many of the gas stations don't have little stores. Some do, some don't. You don't need to get out of your car to pay. You either hand the gas pumper person your credit card to get started or pay cash at the end. I buy my gas at Wawa, it's a 7-Eleven type of establishment. They put in large, clean gas stations and nice little stores. They make fresh sandwiches and coffee and they're quite popular. Some people (jerks) will head on into the store while their car is gassing up. They'll be in there store a lot longer than it takes to gas up. This leaves a bunch of driverless cars with full gas tanks clogging up the gas pump while others are waiting to get gas.

It's possible because they get more in gov handouts than you make per year. Stacking all the free benefits really adds up.

Keep paying your taxes.
smirk.gif

It's possible because that individual is involved in a business to where he probably leaves that car unlocked, with the keys in the ignition, and knows it's going to stay where he put it.

Originally Posted By: Panzerman
You people need to entertain yourselves in check outs. I like to take out my phone and point it at old people when they pay or look over their shoulder so they freak out and think I am stealing thier identity. It's the best because they scurry off quickly.

Careful.
You live in the official state of old people and many of them suffer from dementia and also go armed.
Also, were it not from these old Northerners bringing their wealth to Florida, you might not have a job.
Remember, Florida without two coasts is basically Mississippi without the river.

Originally Posted By: andrewg
I try to not let checkout morons bug me too much.....

Yep. Some folks are wound up way too tight.

Originally Posted By: Win

but they do bug you, just not much, right?

(as your ice cream melts, the cold foods start to rot, the fish starts to smell, the veggies get limp, the sun sets and rises again, life passes you by in a surreal way like a psychedelic hippie in San Francisco during the late 60's)

Yesterday I got behind a woman with only three items, decorated Christmas boxes to put gifts in. I thought this will be fast, gloating to myself that I picked the quickest line, smug in my exceptional ability to read customers and their basket items, using my Jedi mind control, smirking at all the amateurs standing in the other line.

So this woman places the three boxes on the counter, and proceeds to take out at least twenty small animal toys from each box! Almost wore out the scanner!
Talk about a Trojan horse, she really faked me out, such deception, pure smoke and mirrors!

Oh well, it's the holidays.

Or......

You get behind the the types that fill up the conveyor belt divided into several separate "transactions" AND want to split tender all of them. With that dumbfounded biach-slapped look on their face,they want to use a few bucks cash,then a little change,then put some on their debit card,then a small amount on a credit card,then write a check for the rest. Uh oh,they forgot something,so it's back to go retrieve said item while holding up the line waiting for them to come back.

Oh but wait,the icing on the cake is that they want the cashier to go over every single item's price of the receipt because they think the cashier rung up something wrong or they were over changed.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Or......

You get behind the the types that fill up the conveyor belt divided into several separate "transactions" AND want to split tender all of them. With that dumbfounded biach-slapped look on their face,they want to use a few bucks cash,then a little change,then put some on their debit card,then a small amount on a credit card,then write a check for the rest. Uh oh,they forgot something,so it's back to go retrieve said item while holding up the line waiting for them to come back.

Oh but wait,the icing on the cake is that they want the cashier to go over every single item's price of the receipt because they think the cashier rung up something wrong or they were over changed.

Boy I'd like to say there must be a special place reserved in he ll for these people, but there have been so many reservations for places lately that they're probably out of space.

I go through self check out whenever possible, because I can do things much faster and with more accuracy than any of the people working there.

Originally Posted By: BalticBob
Originally Posted By: Win

but they do bug you, just not much, right?

(as your ice cream melts, the cold foods start to rot, the fish starts to smell, the veggies get limp, the sun sets and rises again, life passes you by in a surreal way like a psychedelic hippie in San Francisco during the late 60's)

They bug me....but so do a lot of things. What good would it do to allow myself to get all worked up? That would make things worse, right? I mean by doing that, not only would I make myself feel angry....but the poor cashier would also pick up on it when they have no control over the moron. Just imagine having to deal with these people 8 hours a day? The folks that have an actual beef (and a right to rant) are the cashiers. I really don't want to make them feel any worse.

And for a slightly different spin...

I was in a stopped line once, fortunately for me the person ahead of me was arguing with the cashier that he should substitute a different set of items on a 2-for-1 sale because there was only one of the required item on the shelf. Manager even got involved and for whatever reason the customer didn't get his way and continued to berate the cashier while he finished ringing up the order.

Problem-child customer leaves and I can see that the poor cashier is completely stressed/flustered. I told him "I know you're not allowed to say anything but I'm a customer so I can - that guy was a real *******."

The grin I got from the kid was priceless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back