Cheapest Gas in Area at Highest Price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to move out of California? If not, then when? Cheapest went up 27 cents a gallon seemingly at Midnight. I filled up at $3.03 a gallon just in time. This is now $3.29 and I expect area stations to maintain that baseline and be higher (stations will always be higher or lower but always at a fixed amount over what they were, this is how you select what gas station to use in your area. Price vs. distance trade-off. One will always be higher than the other one and vice versa.)

Not sure what is happening but see two gallons of gas for one of what @Shel_B is paying.

One more thing as to refineries, I can tell you I don't understand this whole thing as gas prices here went DOWN after the hurricane.. so maybe if the refinery is not in Florida that would make some sense, however the price does seem to be rising.

Seasonal?

Want to quickly add here that if your referencing that particular line of thought, then supposedly the cost of electricity will also rise because "they" don't want you to drive at all. Not commenting on that except to point that out.

Though, if demand for electricity rises.. hmm.
Trying to get out of CA. Hopefully in 2-3 years. Our last kid is still in Highschool.

Trying to get out of CA. Hopefully in 2-3 years. Our last kid is still in Highschool.
I've never been to California but as an outsider, what I see is unsustainable. Sometimes, my statements are rebuked by those that are natives to California. I can concede that California is very likely a beautiful place although I've never been... that said, I also left somewhere that I felt was simply not ideal conditions for life as a whole, and again, unsustainable, and guess what, wonderful things have been happening. And the weather is nice too.

I applaud your decision.

I've never been to California but as an outsider, what I see is unsustainable. Sometimes, my statements are rebuked by those that are natives to California. I can concede that California is very likely a beautiful place although I've never been... that said, I also left somewhere that I felt was simply not ideal conditions for life as a whole, and again, unsustainable, and guess what, wonderful things have been happening. And the weather is nice too.

I applaud your decision.
Beautiful place that has been ruined by good intentions/ greed. I was born here and am jealous of the way of life in other states when I go visit.

I applaud your decision.
CA is much like America; a large land mass with people living in concentrated areas. I cannot see myself living any place else, due to the opportunity. But CA is not for everyone, just like any other state.

Just checked with the energy information admin, U.S. are now EXPORTING more oil then ever, recently up to over 4M bbl/day, where these exports were about 40K bbl/day 10 years ago.

Crude imports are at 5.8Mbbl/day

I haven't seen a shortage over here. Whats the dillio ?!

Games are being played and if you follow the money you see big oil making TWICE the profits year over year. 2x.
The OPEC/Russia production cuts will likely affect Europe far more than the US.
There are no gas shortages; you can get all you want, just pay the price.

Regarding US exports, oil companies are in the business of making money. And boy are they...
Don't get me wrong; I am a capitalist and the oil companies are winning right now.

From an economic standpoint, the answer is a viable alternative to oil; right now there isn't any.
Wifey is driving the Tesla every day now. Over $6 per gallon is her trigger. She loves her '06 TSX...

For those lucky enough, $6 gas is just an inconvenience. But if you are making $50K to $60K around here you are making some pretty tough choices. I filled up a friend's Altima yesterday. I try to pitch in a little where I can.

Don't give a flying duck about gas prices in the past 5 years. But I think I saw 2.92$ here today :) I think people where whining about half year ago in local fb groups that it was $4+ while continuing to haul air in their v8 trucks and 1-2 kids in Suburbans and similar...

72DFC1A1-3167-421F-9ABC-345C93CC99CA.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back