Changing vehicle looks for the sake of change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: madRiver
Originally Posted By: grampi
Originally Posted By: turtlevette
We've gone thru a period of years where everything looks like a prophylactic for the sake of aerodynamic efficiency. I think it was a good move to make the Vette look like something again. I think it was a great move to do the retro mustangs, Camaros and challengers. Most everything else on the road today looks ho hum.

Those 4th gen Camaros just looked terrible. Almost killed the car forever.

The new Vette looks like something alright...a transformer...the C5s and C6s were MUCH prettier...

Well the new Vette is the first car to catch the eye of my 11 year old artistic daughter. She loves the sharper lines, edges and abruptness. Instead of drawing Harry Potter she was sketching a Corvette like car. First time she had any interest in cars.

Did Dad happen to mention to her how much he liked these new Vettes prior to her showing such "interest"?

The new Vette looks like something alright...a transformer...the C5s and C6s were MUCH prettier...

If you like the look of a butt plug, yea.

It IS a tough crowd.

At least the market offers a few cars that never really change. Like the Golf or the 911 for instance. I'd say the Ram has had a pretty gradual evolution too. Other than some front end bits the Corolla looks more or less like one from the past 20 years or so. It's not all cars.

We've gone thru a period of years where everything looks like a prophylactic for the sake of aerodynamic efficiency. I think it was a good move to make the Vette look like something again. I think it was a great move to do the retro mustangs, Camaros and challengers. Most everything else on the road today looks ho hum.

If you like the look of a butt plug, yea.

You have no taste...you probably like black wheels more than chrome too, don't you?

Last edited:
I think the new Camaro looks better than the older Camaros. Gimmee a ZL1 in the Metallic Blue.

Originally Posted By: FZ1
I think the new Camaro looks better than the older Camaros. Gimmee a ZL1 in the Metallic Blue.

Depends on how far back you go...the gen 1 Camaros are still my favorite...

Originally Posted By: PimTac
Tough audience here. For the youngsters here, one day you will be old too.

There is a difference between accumulation of a large number of years of life and just being "old". I know "old" people that are in their 40's...and I know 60+ year olds that simply aren't "old". Its a state of mind more than anything.

Complaining about change is an attribute that would belong to the "old" category IMHO.

Originally Posted By: DriveHard

There is a difference between accumulation of a large number of years of life and just being "old". I know "old" people that are in their 40's...and I know 60+ year olds that simply aren't "old". Its a state of mind more than anything.

Complaining about change is an attribute that would belong to the "old" category IMHO.

So in other words, when a person gets past a certain age, their opinion doesn't mean anything, and if they don't like something it's because they're just "old"...

Originally Posted By: ArcticDriver

Well the new Vette is the first car to catch the eye of my 11 year old artistic daughter. She loves the sharper lines, edges and abruptness. Instead of drawing Harry Potter she was sketching a Corvette like car. First time she had any interest in cars.

Did Dad happen to mention to her how much he liked these new Vettes prior to her showing such "interest"?

Nope never had an interest or desire for Vette. I only like Porsche but she apparently likes lines.

Nope never had an interest or desire for Vette. I only like Porsche but she apparently likes lines. [/quote]

Who doesn't like Porsches? I can do without the cost to purchase and maintain them though....

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DriveHard

So in other words, when a person gets past a certain age, their opinion doesn't mean anything, and if they don't like something it's because they're just "old"...

Nope...didn't say that at all. Just said being (acting) "old" is not a function of the number of years they have been living on the Earth.

Nope never had an interest or desire for Vette. I only like Porsche but she apparently likes lines.

Who doesn't like Porsches? I can do without the cost to purchase and maintain them though.... [/quote]

The purchase price on used ones might not be that bad, but you might be right on the maintenance costs. They're probably the worse of the German cars, at least with Mercedes, BMW and Audi, they made enough of them that there are aftermarket parts for them and the prices aren't too crazy and if they are, you might be able to find the parts in a junkyard, but with the low volume of Porsches, it's probably a lot more limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back