Changed oil from 0W20 to 5W30 and ...

Please keep us updated on the substantial MPG increase you expect and actually get. If it isn’t at least 30-40mpg I will be deeply disappointed
Capture.JPG

Joe Poster; "I observed...."
BITOG Members: "No you didn't. I wasn't there, but your observation goes against my predisposed prejudices and my mind is closed. Closed I tell you. No!"

Very reasonable to consider it and yes, as much as everyone chirps that "they have to prove it was the cause" what a mess if you do...so much easier to remove that variable.
Finished the O. Manual (yes, I'm one of those guys) and it actually gives wiggle room. Stating ....

1685666798347472095527597973927.jpg

Summer fuel, most will notice an uptick in fuel economy right now.
Not really, because most will drive with the sunroof open. This causes a massive disruption in airflow over the roof, negating any achievement from using "Summer Blend" fuels.

Yes, you'll get some of it back from the tremendous lift created by the vacuum effect on the interior, thereby lessening rolling resistance of the tires..... But not enough to offset all the dirty air caused directly by the open sunroof.

There should be a gas guzzler tax on those things!

Joe Poster; "I observed...."
BITOG Members: "No you didn't. I wasn't there, but your observation goes against my predisposed prejudices and my mind is closed. Closed I tell you. No!"
The observation is valid...it's the part where he attributes it to the change in oil viscosity that is suspect. There are very likely other reasons that explain his observation other than the change in oil viscosity.

Back