Cat pee

This is a complex issue. We have a three year old cat that peed on and destroyed a couple of our couches, a nice rug, etc…

There are a lot of things that can be done to improve things and make them more comfortable but, in our case, Prozac and gabapentin fixed the issue.

This is a complex issue. We have a three year old cat that peed on and destroyed a couple of our couches, a nice rug, etc…

There are a lot of things that can be done to improve things and make them more comfortable but, in our case, Prozac and gabapentin fixed the issue.
I have taken gabapentin, why would you put a cat on it? It's a horrible med and I wouldn't want that for my cat.

My cat likes to pee near an inside wall. He poops in a litter box.
What can I do to stop him from peeing inside short of beating him which I wont do. I did purchase some spray for that problem but, it didn't work.
Can you let him be an inside and outside cat? We used to just leave a window cracked a few inches, screen was busted from the previous cat and both justed use the window to go out. I think they are happier as they can hunt and never had any problems other than what presents they might bring home half dead occasionally. Never even had a litter box until this last cat got too old to go out, afraid of her getting killed by the gambit of strays we have now. She is 17 now so she got a litter box about 3 yrs ago.

I have taken gabapentin, why would you put a cat on it? It's a horrible med and I wouldn't want that for my cat.
Your experience with it has no relation to how it would work for a cat, or for other people. It was extremely beneficial for our cat and was a deciding factor in making him happier and not peeing inside.

Your experience with it has no relation to how it would work for a cat, or for other people. It was extremely beneficial for our cat and was a deciding factor in making him happier and not peeing inside.
It really messes with your brain, myself and everyone I have known that has used it will say the same. It's very addictive, has lots of bad reviews and causes bad reactions. I'd find another med if you care about the cat.

It really messes with your brain, myself and everyone I have known that has used it will say the same. It's very addictive, has lots of bad reviews and causes bad reactions. I'd find another med if you care about the cat.
I have also known multiple people who have taken it and tolerated it well, with good therapeutic effect. (And some who didn’t like it)

Your anecdotal evidence, as well as mine, doesn’t mean anything.

In the case of my cat, it is clearly highly effective and the cat is very much happier taking it. I would not want to have people eliminate it as an option.

Explain Prozac and Gabapentin use.
Sorry - missed this one.

Our guy was always miserable and uncomfortable. He would pee on couches, rugs, etc....we have had to throw out a couple of couches, a rug, etc....we had him checked a number of times and there was nothing wrong with him physically. Nothing we did (and we tried all of the usual advice) made any difference. Then, he developed a blockage and almost died. At the time we almost wished he maybe had died, as it would be better for him and for us too, since we wouldn't be able to keep him if he kept peeing on everything and nobody else would want him.

We discussed with the vet and decided to try Prozac. It did seem to improve things a lot but he was still problematic. Adding Gabapentin was then tried and it made all the difference and got him over the hump. He is not a super fun cat but seems to mostly enjoy himself now and hasn't peed on anything for over 6 months...so that's a success.

We have started to take him off the Gabapentin now, which seems to be going OK. I think it just helped him calm down and get into a good routine. I should note it was extremely difficult to dose him initially so we ended up getting both compounded into a fish-flavoured liquid and that's been relatively easy to administer.

At the advice from the local pet store I purchased organic NO-MARK for cats and JACKSON STAIN & ORDER REMOVAL.
I need to order to item that BMW... suggested now.

Back