Castrol Edge 5w40 with SPT Green?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got some Edge with SPT 5w40 for my VW on the BOGO sale at Advance and it is Green like Prestone? I know the GC 0w30 was Green for a while but I did not know that any of their other oils were Green at this point. It is SM rated if that makes any difference. Just wondering if any of the other Castrol products were still green since I have not heard anyone mention it for quite a while.

Green... Just in time for St. Patricks Day!

sample_bishop.gif

Originally Posted By: 71Chevyguy
Got some Edge with SPT 5w40 for my VW on the BOGO sale at Advance and it is Green like Prestone? I know the GC 0w30 was Green for a while but I did not know that any of their other oils were Green at this point. It is SM rated if that makes any difference. Just wondering if any of the other Castrol products were still green since I have not heard anyone mention it for quite a while.

I changed the oil in my brother-in-law's Jetta with Castrol Edge With SPT 5w40 at the beginning of this year. I don't recall it being green. It was gold colored, just like any regular oil. Not sure what to make of your situation.

I also noticed that this oil is green, have a batch in my garage ready for my Saab's upcoming oil change. This stuff has become more available lately and is frequently on sale so I may start using it more, will probably send in for a UOA after this upcoming run.

jeff

I have some 5w-40 SPT that I'm planning to use in my wife's Jag. I'll have to check it out when I open it.

Originally Posted By: dparm
Edge SPT 5w40 is definitely the typical golden/brown color.

2 days ago I watched a friend pour 5w-40 castrol euro from a gold bottle into his mb and it was green. I asked him if it was antifreeze since that's the colour.

Just sayin' its out there,somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back