CarQuest #84045, 600 miles CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Blue
smile.gif
I do my best sir

Nice job car! i think these are nice filters when used with coupon codes from advance auto. Hardly a budget filter but a solid,well rounded filter no doubt..thanks again, i plan on using a few more cq blue filters!

Was checking out Rockauto and seen these listed for my vehicles as Ultra-Power. Clicking on the picture its definitely a picture of a Carquest blue filter for $1.42. Is this the same filter a guy would get at AAP?

Quote:
Was checking out Rockauto and seen these listed for my vehicles as Ultra-Power. Clicking on the picture its definitely a picture of a Carquest blue filter for $1.42. Is this the same filter a guy would get at AAP?

If it says Ultra Power, I'd say not. And one needs to be very careful with RA pics matching the actual filter sold.

Been several examples posted where the RA filter pictured was not the filter received. Caveat emptor.

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
Quote:

If it says Ultra Power, I'd say not. And one needs to be very careful with RA pics matching the actual filter sold.

Been several examples posted where the RA filter pictured was not the filter received. Caveat emptor.

Ah, I wondered how they could sell stuff so cheap and yet pay all that money out for TV advertising. I did order a Wix but it was labeled as Wix so fingers crossed I guess.

Thank you sir!

Looks good but what's up with those funky looking ends on some of those pleats?

Originally Posted By: Lubener
Looks good but what's up with those funky looking ends on some of those pleats?

You mean the 'ears' on the end cap on the ADBV end? That's to ensure that everything centers and lines up inside the can. I like that feature.

Yes the Ultra Power filters I purchased from Rock Auto were Car Quest Blues and Reds.

I'm sure there is an issue using the Car Quest trade name on the web site.

Regards,

Scott

Quote:
Yes the Ultra Power filters I purchased from Rock Auto were Car Quest Blues and Reds....

So you're saying you've now received the RA 'named' Ultra Power filter(s) and they are CQ labeled filters, some even with silicone adbv as spec'd in the blue? The one I saw matching the 9688 application 'appears' to be the Wix made CQ blue.

However, looking at the miniature pics of the RA named Ultra Power applictions, they appear to be from different manufacturers.

And as noted, recently a member was expecting to get from RA what has/had been called the Hyundai/Kia oem clone filter, the blue Auto7 filter with silicone adbv in the picture. Instead he ended up with black can Auto7 with and a nitrile adbv. So, if a specific RA UP named filter turns out to be the CQ blue, great. But if it doesn't, being named 'Ultra Power' seems to leave RA the option of substitution for the pictured filter.

Yes I ordered filters for (4) different vehicles.

By vehicle ....... Some were Affina made. Some were Champion Labs made.

The ones with 2015 date codes were black cans with what appears to be Silicone ADBV.

They were boxed in Car Quest boxes. Filter it self was printed with car quest logo. Yellow type on the top of the can with the date code. Made in the USA.

If I get a chance in the morning I'll put up a few photos.

Regards,

Scott

Interesting. I can sorta understand the previous Wix/(Affinia)made CQ being sold under an alias and being closed out. The current Champ/(Fram) CQ, not so much. If I was paying or had paid AAP prices for the current CQ and saw them being sold at RA for significantly less and under an alias, I wouldn't be happy. Hard to understand what is going on with the current Champ/(Fram) CQ line being sold at RA under another name.

That said, viewing other RA UP application pics, it appears not all are the white can CQ, appear to be from other manufacturers.

And for me, with or without an alias I wouldn't consider RA pics to be a totally reliable indication of filter one will receive. And apparently even the RA name for the filter is not a reliable indication.

I think Rock Auto acquires the filters from store closings, warehouse closings etc.

Ultra Power is their in-house brand that they use for products like this.

I think the model number listed behind the Ultra Power name is a better indicator of what filter / brand you will get than the photo.

Regards,

Scott

RA uses 3rd party suppliers (much like Amazon, eBay, etc.) that ship & fulfill their orders & ship direct to the customer using RA packing lists-beware if you get an incorrect part-they won't let you return it for credit, even if it was their (or their partner company's) mistake. It's like the online parts house version of gambling-you might win, might lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back