Car and Driver: Volkswagen's Killing Its Touch-Sensitive Steering-Wheel Controls

wemay

Site Donor 2023
Glad to see the haptic buttons on the steering wheel will be short lived. Every YouTube review complained about them. My daughter just bought a Tiguan SE R line black and it has these buttons on the steering wheel. I’ve driven it a couple times and never had a problem with them.

Glad to see the haptic buttons on the steering wheel will be short lived. Every YouTube review complained about them. My daughter just bought a Tiguan SE R line black and it has these buttons on the steering wheel. I’ve driven it a couple times and never had a problem with them.
It's my belief that Youtube reviewers (or any reviewer not conducting a "long term" tests), have very little time to get used to some of these quirks. The owner may find it annoying at first but get used to it with time.

Last edited:
I have the mechanical steering switches on a 2018 Tiguan and did not like the 2022 loaner we got because you can’t feel touchscreen ones out as easy.

VW move helps other car makers question their own proposed changes.

They were not initially popular on the VW forums but quite a few said they got used to them. Don’t think I’d care for them personally.

Back