Canadian UOA

I use AGAT labs in Calgary. They have a drop off location in Vancouver and other places. They don’t charge you to ship it from their receiver location to their test lab. Just the actual tests. They’re reasonable priced. And very simple. I think @OVERKILL uses the Amsoil prepaid kits that you buy and mail off to Oil Analyzers I believe.

I use AGAT labs in Calgary. They have a drop off location in Vancouver and other places. They don’t charge you to ship it from their receiver location to their test lab. Just the actual tests. They’re reasonable priced. And very simple. I think @OVERKILL uses the Amsoil prepaid kits that you buy and mail off to Oil Analyzers I believe.
Yep, that's correct, I order them from the AMSOIL website, the lab is in Edmonton.

I used to use Toromont CAT, but they changed how they did the tests and the reports became a lot less useful.

The nice thing with OAI/Polaris (the AMSOIL kits) is that you get real GC fuel dilution as well as oxidation, both of which aren't present on reports from Blackstone for example, and many other labs.

Last edited:
Yep, that's correct, I order them from the AMSOIL website, the lab is in Edmonton.

I used to use Toromont CAT, but they changed how they did the tests and the reports became a lot less useful.

The nice thing with OAI/Polaris (the AMSOIL kits) is that you get real GC fuel dilution as well as oxidation, both of which aren't present on reports from Blackstone for example, and many other labs.
This is the kind of information I'm looking for. Since I live in Edmonton, it would seem weird to send a sample to Blackstone if I have a good option here. Is there anything missing from an OAI/Polaris report? They seem very comparable to Blackstone.

When I did UOA’s; I used Toromont CAT kits - easy to get and reasonably priced. NAPA also sells kits, but they are a lot more expensive.

Reactions: Yuk
This is the kind of information I'm looking for. Since I live in Edmonton, it would seem weird to send a sample to Blackstone if I have a good option here. Is there anything missing from an OAI/Polaris report? They seem very comparable to Blackstone.
Only thing not included is Blackstone's "Universal Averages", which I'm not interested in. TBN/TAN is also an extra cost with Blackstone, but included by OAI/Polaris.

Reactions: Yuk
WearCheck Canada Inc. Burlington Ontario
Convenient since I drive by the Lab/Office twice a day Cost is approx $40 including tax.

Back