Which oil analysis program?

Which UOA program is the way to go? Blackstone has been around but see the speeDiagnostix, saw Napa had one, etc. seems some offer things others don’t and I’m unsure of what I need. I plan to have UOAs done to monitor my vehicles history. I’d think it’s best to stick with a single vendor, right?

I use Oil Analyzer Inc, Blackstone Labs, JG Lubricant Services, and Wix.
Sometimes I send the same sample to more than 1 lab (to make certain their ducks are in a row). :)
Don't put all your eggs in 1 basket :)

I use Oil Analyzer Inc, Blackstone Labs, JG Lubricant Services, and Wix.
Sometimes I send the same sample to more than 1 lab (to make certain their ducks are in a row). :)
Don't put all your eggs in 1 basket :)
Well.. I’ll be honest in that I don’t want to spend $200 on a UOA. But you’re a perfect person to ask then. Where do you find the best consistency?

I have used Napa/Wix (same) because their turnaround is acceptable, TBN is included, and its cheap relative to others. They do not report oxidation which is important for long OCIs.

Blackstone gives a personal touch with their comments, has relatively good historical tracking, universal averages, but are very poor with fuel dilution accuracy and turnaround times.

Every person has different goals. Mine are not long OCIs and more for self education, monitoring for mechanical issues, self entertainment, and I dont mind sharing the data here for others.

Last edited:
I buy mine thru the Amsoil Site,then they go to Indy to the Polaris Lab.They show the fuel dilution which I'm most interested in as I do many short trips with my 2019 Tiguan.It has an 10,000 mile oil change schedule,but it goes in the red.Polaris made me a believer in 5,000 mile changes which keeps me in the green and my oil much safer for my car.Very happy with them

I've used Blackstone for years but once my current vehicles are set to pasture I am switching. I stay now due to all my UOA's are with Blackstone and I want to stay consistent until I can switch. Yes, I can be a bit mental at times. IMO Blackstone is too costly and if you have a DI system their fuel dilution is suspect.

Have anyone tried Caterpillar SOS services? They seem to have state localized labs depending where you are.

What company do you get your lubes from? Chevron has a program, cost varies on customer, but is under $20 for random Joe off the street.

I have used Horizon for years and been happy with the turn around times and the information. As far as cost, I have no idea...I know a guy who knows a guy...

Which UOA program is the way to go? Blackstone has been around but see the speeDiagnostix, saw Napa had one, etc. seems some offer things others don’t and I’m unsure of what I need. I plan to have UOAs done to monitor my vehicles history. I’d think it’s best to stick with a single vendor, right?
You can give Fleetguard a try; we partner with Polaris Labs: https://cms.fleetguard.com/en_NA/literature/monitortm-fluid-analysis-program-technical/lt36251

Back