Best place to get UOA kits

I found some on eBay. I’ll send them to wix lab. $7 for kit of 8.

I’ll die before I trust blackstone labs.

Here is Oil Analyzers (the general preferred kits). Maybe you can get another discount through an amsoil dealer.

I've ordered these cheap Wix kits and have been generally happy, you will get TBN, but your not going to get oxidation levels. Currently at $24.85 but you have to pay your own shipping. I just mailed two in the same box and it cost about $7.50.

Adam, for non-direct-injected engines (no fuel dilution concerns) there’s not really an issue with Blackstone’s analysis other than cost. Their shipping and service speed may be a concern though.
Chris, we all know Duratech engines are easy on oil. Just wanna see how far I can go on the NO VII oil and their HDEO CK4 HDEO.

Anyways anyone have a source where they get kits at good price?
I use Polaris/Horizon and buy the "06" kits from Amsoil. Polaris includes TBN or TAN (depending on the oil type), includes oxidation and nitration, uses gas chromatography for fuel dilution, uses all the latest ASTM testing methodologies, and is ISO 17025 certified which means they can reliably and consistently demonstrate that they operate competently and generate valid test results.

I had Wix do my UOA back in October I'm not sure exactly what happened, I know the Molly came back, much higher than the VOA on Mobil 1 and I really didn't pay any attention to it until a couple months later when I saw a VOA on Mobil 1 otherwise I did get a quick turnaround, I did not get a TBN they said they only give them on diesels, I had another member he'll say the same thing, when I posted it.. but I probably would use them again.. Blackstones price is high, turn around time was unreal..

I had Wix do my UOA back in October I'm not sure exactly what happened, I know the Molly came back, much higher than the VOA on Mobil 1 and I really didn't pay any attention to it until a couple months later when I saw a VOA on Mobil 1 otherwise I did get a quick turnaround, I did not get a TBN they said they only give them on diesels, I had another member he'll say the same thing, when I posted it.. but I probably would use them again.. Blackstones price is high, turn around time was unreal..
I had some back and forth with WIX test results in the past and they took FOREVER to process the test. I was not overly impressed with them other than the cost (which way back when was about $9.00 via Rock Auto).I still have two tests on the shelf that I will likely never use. I am not a Polaris/Horizon shill, but I have worked with them a number of times when new oils or equipment needed to be added to their database or to discuss why something was flagged and they have been very responsive.

A good example of that is Mobil 1 ESP 0W-30 was flagged for high oxidation in my of my samples. A VOA of the same oil showed high oxidation (likely esters) and they immediately adjusted the flag accordingly. Not many labs would pick up on the oxidation much less be willing to discuss why the UOA should not be flagged.

Back