Can you read Japanese..??

Ive had this kitchen knife for over a decade.. its one of my favs in the knife block..
I have finally gotten around to take a snap and inquire what is inscribed on the knife.. :)
anyone..??

Cheers
J.

Attachments

• PA256190.JPG
    PA256190.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 85
  • PA256189.JPG
    PA256189.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 97
Probably the manufacturer.
A lot of translation apps will let you take pictures of text or i this case characters and translate it for you. The problem here is that might be difficult taking a photo off that knife.

Yeah, something like Stainless steel and the manufacturer.

Or in the US, it'd say Knife is sharp.

The Japanese stainless steel is usually VG10 which is excellent. There are others as well. Some are exotic steels.

Their chef knives are top notch. Not sure if you are aware of this site but it’s a good resource if you want to add more knives in the future.

When I lived in Tampa, FL. my son and I would order take out from a Chinese restaurant near us. After we ordered their only reply was "10 minute." So, it could be "10 minute" on the blade. :ROFLMAO:
J/K. I'm thinking it could be the knifes manufacturers name. :unsure:

The Japanese stainless steel is usually VG10 which is excellent. There are others as well. Some are exotic steels.

Their chef knives are top notch. Not sure if you are aware of this site but it’s a good resource if you want to add more knives in the future.

JCK sells the better known top brands. But as you said, there are other exotic ones as good. I’ve bought a couple from other places and their quality is top as well. Prices are scary.

JCK sells the better known top brands. But as you said, there are other exotic ones as good. I’ve bought a couple from other places and their quality is top as well. Prices are scary.

yes they can be and these are not knives to be owned if your better half uses a knife as a screwdriver or something.

I cheated using Google Translate on a tablet capturing via a camera. I got stainless steel, then various weirdness. The rest seemed to translate phonetically. Like others said, it's probably a name that doesn't really translate to functional words.

Also - most Japanese is Kanji, which is really using a variation on the traditional Chinese character set. Someone Chinese might be able to translate it although they often have different words.

Thanks for your insight guys... got further than I would have on my own..
Perhaps someone that is fluent in Japanese, will chime in one day.
Cheers
J.

Back