Can anyone identify these animal tracks?

Just curious, wife and I walking around an area of our community near the tree line that they are clearing and ran across these tracks.
I dont think these are big dog tracks? They certainly are not deer, someone in here I know will know for sure!
To me the first photo shows what seems to be claws. To large for raccoon? Ok, I will spill the beans, I am curious if they are bear tracks. But if so, then not a large bear?
They are from the same animal but the photo angles make some look smaller.
Family member in another state thinks maybe a very large raccoon.

IMG_3629.JPG

IMG_3630.JPG

IMG_3631.JPG
IMG_3632.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Dog or coyote, if the tracks are a single line, with the rear paws in the front tracks, usually its a coyote or wolf or fox. If the rear tracks don't quite line up then, its a domestic dog.
Even large black bears leave very shallow tracks IME.

Dog or coyote, if the tracks are a single line, with the rear paws in the front tracks, usually its a coyote or wolf or fox. If the rear tracks don't quite line up then, its a domestic dog.
Even large black bears leave very shallow tracks IME.
If I am back there again I take another look as far as the pays and front tracks. I guess nothing to exotic though. It was just the size and depth that may not be apparent in the photo where I thought too large for a dog but ... we also have A LOT of Foxes here and I suspect with that Coyotes and Wolves.
Thanks for the description.

Just curious, wife and I walking around an area of our community near the tree line that they are clearing and ran across these tracks.
I dont think these are big dog tracks? They certainly are not deer, someone in here I know will know for sure!
To me the first photo shows what seems to be claws. To large for raccoon? Ok, I will spill the beans, I am curious if they are bear tracks. But if so, then not a large bear?

View attachment 163578
View attachment 163579
View attachment 163580View attachment 163581
If you see a racoon that size you better run :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 163578
View attachment 163579
View attachment 163580View attachment 163581
Chupacabra?

Back