Cabin Air filter - 19 months

Glad @The Critic told me to change it.

Will be changing it at least once a year going forward.

IMG_5762.jpeg

IMG_5761.jpeg

Glad to hear it’s easy - some certainly are not …
The one on my Mazda requires you to lay in the floorboard, unscrew all the mounting bolts for the vehicles main fuse panel and move it out of the way (or maybe completely remove it I can't recall). It is unbelievable how difficult it is. I haven't changed it since I got the car in 2018 and doubt I will until I start getting a funny smell or something..

Mine was just removing two pins that hold the glove compartment on. Pop them out, remove the access to the cabin air filter, done. I forget what car I had before that was even easier. Required no pins to be removed. Just had to press on side of glove box and remove it.

Mine was just removing two pins that hold the glove compartment on. Pop them out, remove the access to the cabin air filter, done. I forget what car I had before that was even easier. Required no pins to be removed. Just had to press on side of glove box and remove it.
That's how my Subaru was. The Ford Edge my daughter has is similar. My son's Jeep and our BMWs, well not so much.

The one in my Jetta went 15 years. Had no idea it even had one till the heater quit heating 🤣
I let a friend borrow my Forester one summer and took his CIvic in return. The A/C worked but was really subpar. Checked to see if it had a cabin filter, marked optional.

Well it did, from the factory in 2001 maybe it was changed in 2004 when under dealer care. I found out in 2017ish it wasn't. 🤣

I wish I still had the picture I sent him.

My CAF is 19 months old. Almost all CAF replacements are impregnated with something., I want a plain paper filter. Are the factory ones Hepa or Baking soda impregnated?

My CAF in my daily is I have no Idea how old, its been in the car since I got in early '21, (2017, got it with 30k miles), its real a pain in the ***** to get to it.

My CAF in my daily is I have no Idea how old, its been in the car since I got in early '21, (2017, got it with 30k miles), its real a pain in the ***** to get to it.
Your blower motor would like to have a conversation with you.

Back