2013 Ford Edge cabin air filter - 1st change by me

This is the cabin air filter that has been in my daughter's 2013 Ford Edge since (at least) the time we bought it in 2017. For reasons I can't explain, I just never thought the vehicle had a cabin air filter. Fast forward to recently when I stumbled across a YouTube video of someone changing their Edge's cabin air filter. So, today I replaced the old, nasty filter with a new Wix filter. This is what the old cabin air filter looked like at 145k miles. No idea if it was ever changed before we bought the Edge. 🤢 I'll be changing it regularly going forward.

Ford Edge Cabin Air Filter.jpg

Of note, the Wix filter that I installed was made in China. That surprised me. I would have bought the less expensive Microguard if I had checked the Wix's country of origin before buying it.

Not too filthy for 145K.

What were the approximate prices of the two?
That appears to be among the simplest of CAF designs, so it can't be too expensive.

^^Dats be brick & mortar pricing.^^
I remember having the dash of dear Mom's Saab open so I bought a WIX CAF (a much bigger and thicker, layered design) and the $45 price tag was enough to make me forever plan ahead on this stuff.

^^Dats be brick & mortar pricing.^^
I remember having the dash of dear Mom's Saab open so I bought a WIX CAF (a much bigger and thicker, layered design) and the $45 price tag was enough to make me forever plan ahead on this stuff.
Next time I replace it, I will definitely source a less expensive one online ahead of time. At least on this one, I had a $5 discount on my account at O'Reilly, so that lessened the hurt a little.

On a side note, after reading through the "Cabin Filters (NSFB) not safe for BITOG" thread just now, I don't feel the slightest bit bad about the shape mine was in. :)

Looks real similar to the condition of the CAF I removed from my neighbors Fiesta. I was cheaper and put in a $13 Napa ProSelect for his though. Still higher than one purchased online but for local availability I thought it was a reasonable price.

Of note, the Wix filter that I installed was made in China. That surprised me. I would have bought the less expensive Microguard if I had checked the Wix's country of origin before buying it.
I think it really depends on batch timing and type of Wix filter, though it may vary from car/filter sizes.

Just checked the Wix cabin filters I had from my last RockAuto haul (since they have them for about half the price as other retailers):

G37 - Wix XP - 1 made in Germany, 1 made in Czech Republic
G35 - Wix XP - 2 made in Mexico
RDX - Wix XP - 2 made in Mexico
RDX - Wix (regular) - 1 made in Poland

Back