Buick LeSabre 315 K best oil/filter? A recent acquisition

Those things will run on just about any oil and filter, and run well. That’s one of the best engines GM has ever built. And that elbow that breaks, it’s not a bad job to do (if you have any experience working on cars). The belt comes off, then the alternator, power steering pump, then the alternator bracket, and that’s it (if I remember - which I don’t because it’s been a long time).

Those things will run on just about any oil and filter, and run well. That’s one of the best engines GM has ever built. And that elbow that breaks, it’s not a bad job to do (if you have any experience working on cars). The belt comes off, then the alternator, power steering pump, then the alternator bracket, and that’s it (if I remember - which I don’t because it’s been a long time).
Yup, The 3800 series engine is probably (along with GM's V8) one of the best engines ever made for reliability. ANY 10w-30 oil will work fine. Just keep it changed!

I just bought a 2000 Buick LeSabre and found out it has 315,000 mi on it it is in pretty nice shape and runs good after a long run the idle oil pressure seems to be about 20 lb any thoughts on how to increase this it had its first oil change when I got it on the road a thousand miles ago there are no maintenance records

QSUD 5w30

Back