Brown sports car, would you buy one?

All the pics people are posting remind me of a facebook meme i saw long ago about some celebrity in a matte brown poop looking costume with a poop lambo and i think a g wagon.

Found it. Now this is brown, that's just beige.

1704911041434.jpg

Not my cup of tea but color comes down to personal taste.
it's actually pretty close to most of the Cups of Tea I make....( I take milk and sugar)

My Dad used to always buy brown cars.... until they stopped making brown cars in the mid 80's.. he switched to Silver.
when Legit Brown came back in the early 2000's i thought he'd be excited and go back to brown....Nope... Still Silver.
nearly every car he's owned since '85 has been Silver...
which is why a Silver car will always be my last choice if others are available...

I don't mind the Miata at all in that color, good for a DD in dusty areas! plus I think a lot of guys in their 50-60-70's even are buying them.

We had a 2002 Saab 9-5 wagon in "Hazelnut". T'was an outstanding medium brown.
We got compliments on it ALL the time.
Other medium browns didn't come close (personal preference again...but with a heap of company).

There were super attractive, deep "espresso browns" in the '70's/'80's but you'd bunch those in with plays on black.

Chevrolet offered the C8 Corvette in a metallic brown, called "CAFFEINE". It looked great in bright sun, not so great in the shade.

It was the least popular color in the brief time it was offered, and is now not longer available.

I wonder if it would look good with Copper, flat black or charcoal stripes? Seems that it would look really sharp with a few alterations.

I tend to like charcoal colored sports cars. But I do think that looks pretty darn good. Thinking aloud here, for the one below, black stripes. And something modest on the hood too.

960x0.jpg

mx5-miata-nd-checkered-side-strip-vinyl-decal_grande.jpg

Last edited:
The color looks light green with a slight brownish tone. That is very hard to describe, just in case the car got stolen. What color are you going to tell to the cops, is it Green or Brown?

Color Name is "Sage Green"

Sage-Green.jpg

Last edited:
Back