Brown sports car, would you buy one?

My local Mazda dealer has this 2023 MX-5 for $3500 off MSRP.

IMG_0342.jpeg

IMG_0343.jpeg

IMG_0344.jpeg

That's sand or beige. Not my cup of tea but color comes down to personal taste. I don't find it offensive. It probably looks better in a colorful environment like Miami than it does out on the prairie. It's a very nice car. I tried one out a few years ago.

That Mazda color is called "Zircon Sand Metalic", not brown. It's not anywhere close to "brown". This "Sand" color present much better in person than in the photos.

And yes; I would have bought that had it been available when I got my MX-5 (white). I wanted the Platinum or Sand, but none were anywhere close to me.

Last edited:
Ford's new Terrain color is similar but more tan. Looks good. I like Miata's they don't fit at age 69

I think that Mazda is pretty slick. One thing that this thread brings up is the fact that I NEED a Porsche. I just do. I can't explain it. I'm going to fly over to Stuttgart and get a hotel room near the Zuffenhausen factory just so I can make some kool-aid from the tap water in the room.

2024 is going to be the year! It won't be brown though. German cars are supposed to be silver or black. If I'm feeling eco sensitive I might think of green.

Back