brake fluid flush at 3yr/36K?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by atikovi
Originally Posted by MasterSolenoid
Every Winter, I will brake on the ice (in a parking lot) to activate the ABS.
I figure this will possible help circulate the fluid in the ABS Valve.

No need. Everytime you start the car and drive it above 4 or 5 mph the abs solenoids activate as a test and to keep the system from seizing up.

Yep, I hear the ABS solenoids activating for a second in my Tacoma every time I drive it. Not sure if every car does this ... probably.

Once a year for my Volvo 240s which is about 15-20,000 miles per car. Done in April at the snow tire change over. Really simple with the Mightyvac pressure bleeder. Great time to check pads for replacement too.

Sam

I've had calipers go bad despite fluid changes. IMO salt can get into the caliper bores anyhow, just the nature of the beast in the northeast. I still try to do every two years, if the bleeders will open that is. I actually try to every spring, during a tire rotation or when the snows come off. Just go around to each corner and bust loose all the brake hardware, make sure everything is still sliding properly. Run some fluid out. IMO if you do a little every year (or even better, every six months) then one never needs about doing a full evacuation of the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back