Bosch oil filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Originally Posted By: umungus1122
How do the Distance Plus high $ ones rate? I got a bunch on clearance at Wally and plan on using one very soon.
I've never seen (or heard of) a Distance Plus filter failing, and they do have the heaviest can & baseplate I've seen, even heavier than a Royal Purple filter.

Yeah, see car51's C&P's, he cut one of my virgin Bosch D+s that fits Subarus and while the media looked fine, the ADBV had been sharkbitten even though it had never been subjected to oil pressure.

Would I still use them? Yep, mainly because I think the whole pity party over slight cuts in the ADBV is way overblown. They are built quite sturdily.

Originally Posted By: Linctex
How do the Distance Plus high $ ones rate? I got a bunch on clearance at Wally and plan on using one very soon.

They are excellent built filters, though not as efficient % as a Fram Ultra.

I got a case of these FUs on deck and 34 quarts of 0w-20 full synthetic from Idemitsu featuring .95G, insane FP and great TBN/TAN.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bullwinkle

The D+ isn't bad-thought they were around 94% @ 20 microns? Their biggest advantage is the can, they are literally built like a tank-they are my go-to for vehicles that run on gravel roads with a low mounted filter, they are virtually impossible to damage with road debris (when I can find them). If Fram could just make the Ultra with the D+ can...
20.gif

The Bosch web site has always advertised the Distance Plus oil filters as 99.9% efficient @ 40 microns. See the FAQ section. No idea if any actual efficiency test result at 20 microns has ever been published for the Bosch D+.

https://www.boschautoparts.com/en/auto/filters/distanceplus-oil-filters

Fram certainly could have made an oil filter with a Mobil 1 can & baseplate during the Frampion days, just like they made quality canister filters with synthetic blend media and no wire backing with metal end caps at a competitive price for CQ during that period.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: nike360baller

I got a case of these FUs on deck and 34 quarts of 0w-20 full synthetic from Idemitsu featuring .95G, insane FP and great TBN/TAN.

Did you get banned Bro ?

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Originally Posted By: nike360baller

Did you get banned Bro ?

Lmao that didn't take too long did it? Of course it never does, with these individuals they just can't stay away. There were two very similar names registered on that day so I think he has a backup as well.

There are a couple other retreads working the board as well.

He sent me a pm about receiving a free case of FU filters after contacting Fram. I also know who it is, BlueOvalFitter since he's been banned again. Doesn't show up in the User List. Plus he really likes Ultras. He probably contacted Fram and told them about his oil changing charity for people that can't afford oil changes in his area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back