Bosch fuel filters 99% how about Purolator,fram?

Was looking at fuel filters.98 LeSabre. Bosch advertises their filters at 99% but no micron efficiency carquest I think was 97/98%>
Anyone know fram fuel filters and purolators efficient and micron ratings?

I wouldn't worry about it much when it comes to fuel filters especially with plastic fuel tanks, what people should be more focused on is changing the fuel filters every 30-40,000 miles instead, pick any of the well known brands, Fram, Bosch, Wix, Champ, hell my Chevy has a cheap parts master fuel filter right now no problems.

Bosch is just doing a marketing tactic, when people see 99% they assume it is good but obviously it is going to be 99% effective at catching a larger particles.

Efficiency is meaningless without a micron rating. I'd give my money to a company that publishes one. Contaminants in fuel can have a large effect on fuel injector and piston ring wear. If you plan to keep the vehicle for along time yet, I'd look for a filter that performs at least as well as OEM.

Are you talking about the fuel strainer on the pump? That thing's $5 for the AC Delco model rated at 31 microns. Can you tell us what you're looking at from Bosch and the others?

Didn't fuel filters from earlier times (pre-alcohol) have some kind of treated felt which held water back?
In fact, said treated felt was found in camping stove fuel funnels to keep snow / rain out.

I just called Purolator NC. They don't have the beta ratio efficiency listed in her computer,but the micron rating is 17 microns she said .obviously that's for the Purolator.
Carquest has 98% @10 microns. That's on advanced auto website. G 54714 filter model.
Interesting too,if there's a F on the filter,it's USA made.if a P it's another country.
It would seem the carquest is the best efficiency.
Ac Delco was 25-30 microns at 99% I believe I read.

Back