1983 Yamaha 550 Maxim:
Yamaha%20XJ550%20Maxim.jpg

1980 Honda CR250 Elsinore:
007.jpg

1974 Honda XR75:
csteel_116_17.jpg

I love that CR250!!

Originally Posted By: CT8
Biking in the 1702 was the most fun.I loved the 2 strokes for sporty bikes.
1970s I can't post and talk on the phone with much success .

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: CT8
Biking in the 1970s was the most fun.I loved the 2 strokes for sporty bikes.

I still have a 1976 Yamaha RD400. Poor thing hasn't been ran forever. I need to get that beast going someday - wouldn't take a lot of work. I'll see if I can find an old scanned photo when I get on my desktop computer.
I had a 1968 Yamaha 124 twin and a 1971 Kawasaki Mach III and a 1975 [I think] Yamaha RD 350 .

The '70's ! Now that was a much more interesting time for me. This is about the oldest picture I could find, early 1974, I had lost my license over summer, and hadn't got it back yet. Maybe that's why I am riding with my eyes closed. Compulsory helmets came in that year, had to remember to put them on...it's actualy matt black with pink flames, you just can't see the flame part. The bike is a Triton - a wideline Norton Featherbed frame and a Triumph T110 engine. All the fruit for a Cafe racer - actually it was not a Cafe Racer, it was an old race bike put on the street.

2 or 3 years later, and the bike I most regret selling. It's a 1964 Rickman Metisse, a MkIII to be precise, and has a '73 T100C engine. Again, a race bike on the street. This is the bike that set my riding style and what I do for the rest of my life...gravel roads, back roads, and always the need for a light flickable bike that can take on any road condition. My Holy Grail - I found it...and then gave it away.

I still have a 1976 Yamaha RD400. Poor thing hasn't been ran forever. I need to get that beast going someday - wouldn't take a lot of work. I'll see if I can find an old scanned photo when I get on my desktop computer.

Here's the 1976 RD400 I still have, and also the 1984 VF700 V-4 I once had.

Scanned these old photos of the 1975 Kawasaki KX250 I had. This thing was pretty nuts for the time. Engine was strong, but suspension (mostly rear) wasn't the greatest ... times before "mono-shock" type rear suspension hit the market. The exhaust pipe was an un-muffled expansion chamber ... louder then [censored], could hear it 3 miles away.

I rode one of those once - I was doing full lock figure 8's in 3rd gear in a paddock. Handled great, and plenty of power.

1990 was mid-way through my riding career. Still at it now, but way less often.

All the pics of my old bike are on film put away somewhere. Maybe I'll get them scanned someday ...

I was an actual paid extra in Little Fauss & Big Halsy (movie). I'm circling the track(s) in the background.

Hodaka, Bull Taco, Ossa, Husky, Honda, Harley, Suzuki, Yamaha, Triumph. Have had multiple examples of each. My running stable was 12 bikes, once upon a time (mid-1990's) when flood came and got them all.

Had way to much to do for family and home to spend time hosing out engines and saving them. All went in a salvage sale. Was unhappy for a while, but got to get some new'er ones and do it again
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: blair
2nd bike ever was a XR 75. Wish I had it for my kids

Seen XR75 mentioned a couple times in this thread. This is my ‘78 XL75, sitting in the garage right now. Basically an XR75 with headlight, brake light, signals, horn and a license plate bracket.

2cgk1mb.jpg

Last edited:
Scanned these old photos of the 1975 Kawasaki KX250 I had. This thing was pretty nuts for the time. Engine was strong, but suspension (mostly rear) wasn't the greatest ... times before "mono-shock" type rear suspension hit the market. The exhaust pipe was an un-muffled expansion chamber ... louder then [censored], could hear it 3 miles away.

That is sweet! My childhood friend had a blue KD100. That thing seemed FAST To us 8 year olds!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: BrocLuno
1990 was mid-way through my riding career. Still at it now, but way less often.

All the pics of my old bike are on film put away somewhere. Maybe I'll get them scanned someday ...

I was an actual paid extra in Little Fauss & Big Halsy (movie). I'm circling the track(s) in the background.

Hodaka, Bull Taco, Ossa, Husky, Honda, Harley, Suzuki, Yamaha, Triumph. Have had multiple examples of each. My running stable was 12 bikes, once upon a time (mid-1990's) when flood came and got them all.

Had way to much to do for family and home to spend time hosing out engines and saving them. All went in a salvage sale. Was unhappy for a while, but got to get some new'er ones and do it again
laugh.gif

I was a Sears Point when they filmed that part movie there. I was working at one of the catering trucks.

Ah yes, I bought a 1982 Maxim while stationed in the Philippines during that time. Loved that bike but wanted that Honda 900F that was out then too!

Had a CB1100XX during the late 90’s.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back