1990 Nissan 300 ZX twin turbo issues.

Good friend of my good friend has a 1990 Nissan 300 ZX twin turbo. 50,XXX K on it. I haven't seen the car yet, but he said it wasn't running right, and had it somewhere and installed new injectors. Has new plugs and wires, cap and rotor too, I think.
Still wasn't running right, so he was supposed to have gotten a new ECM tuned or something. Swapped that in, still no joy.
Goes and puts the old ECM back in, now it won't start at all. He wanted me to ask if anyone knew, is that something now that he has to have the old ECM flashed now or something. IDK if he checked and fuses or anything, or if the battery was disconnected before swapping the ECM's. Any of this ring a bell to anyone?
I am going to have him check for spark, and if that is OK, see if a spritz of either makes it want to fire at all.

The only thing I knew about those things was from back when I was autocrossing, there were a few guys with them that always said you have to stay absolutely on top of all of the vacuum lines and emissions hardware or things go real bad real fast and that they're a nightmare when it comes to keeping those systems and the car running right once they get older.

Back