Best yogurt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Definitely! Anything skim,fat free,low fat,etc,is just plain disgusting.

What drew me to Astro's Balkan variety was the blurb on the container about 6% MF and "no gelatin." They still haven't done enough.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Originally Posted By: Brybo86
Aldi Organic whole milk vanilla in quarts
Trader Joe's whole milk vanilla in quarts

Aldi is my go to at $2.99 qt

Tried Aldi's today for that yogurt and they were out of it. They had some of the plain available but no thanks. Picked up a few small containers of the Greek 100 and they were good.

You know it's the good stuff if they sold out that quick!

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I'm looking for a non-Greek,whole milk yogurt with no added sugar,no high fructose corn syrup. Seems every one I see is Greek,fat free,etc.
I buy the real Greek stuff from a small grocery that carries lots of food from the middle east and Mediterranean regions. I also buy Lebni there. It's very thick, made of whole milk and tastes great.

Far too many of the 'consumer' brands have labeled their products Greek, when it means nothing but marketing.

Skim milk yogurt pales in comparison to the REAL THING!

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
You know it's the good stuff if they sold out that quick!

Went back this am and they had it. Checked the nutrition and 30 grams of sugar per serving. Yikes! That's like 7 packets of sugar per serving.

So got the organic vanilla greek nonfat yougurt for $3.49. 11 grams of sugar. The triple zero Dannon has 6 grams but cost $5.50 or so.

Last edited:
The Lebni I bought today is made by BYBLOS. It's quite dense. A small container weighs one pound. Costs $3. Ingredients: Cultured cream, milk, nonfat milk, filtered nonfat dry milk and enzyme. No whey, sugar, flavorings or anything else. Carbohydrate = 2g per 30g serving.

I add this to dips in place of sour cream and also to milk based dressings. Also dip strawberries in it, and make tzatziki with it.

BYBLOS also makes a true Greek yogurt, made with whole milk, no sugar/fillers that's not quite as dense.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Try Stonyfield Organic.

I ended up buying this one and I’m hooked! Stoneyfield whole milk plain yogurt (regular,non-Greek).

My two non greek favorites are;
Cabot Creamery plain whole milk unsweetened yogurt
Walmart Great Value plain whole milk unsweetened yogurt.
What I do is add a little Splenda for sweetner and vanilla or other flavoring, great for a low carb diet.

Walmart's Great Value whole milk plain greek yogurt ingredient list:
Cultured pasteurized grade A milk.

This and the non greek whole milk plain can be hard to find, don't know if it's because it's really popular or because it's not!

Last edited:
I found a better one. Horizon whole milk plain yogurt (non-Greek of course). Much better than Stonyfield,which was my previous favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back