Best/Worst Advice You Ever Got?

I joined the Navy,,66-70, The VA ( tax payers) help pay all my medical bills, catarac surgery,my hearing aides, glasses, all emergency room visits, blood test, twice a year, and so on,,,,,,,,,,never get a bill,,,yes I do get a bill, I pay about 8 bucks a bottle for meds , not a bad deal................

Buy Bitcoin, they said.

It will make you rich, they said.
I did buy some bitcoin, never got rich,,,but its a fun hobby,,pays the toys I want,, and odds and ends, at this moment Bitcoin and a few others are climbing, and when they fall , sell and when they go up buy,,,like the stock market,,,its a hobby to me,,,

Well, six months after you posted this, Bitcoin is near $70,000. It has no inherent value, but people seem to be willing to buy it.
Near-instant transactions between individuals across any border with no government or corporation involved is not inherently valuable?

Don’t listen to the propaganda.

I never got parental advice because I was raised completely unsupervised for most of my youth, plus I'm an only child.

Anyway, best advice - my first job in the computer business. I was leaving my new boss' office after shaking hands and coming to an agreement. Right as I walked out he said, "Nothing will get you fired around here faster than being an "a opening".

It was the best advice I've ever gotten. 45+ years later I still remember that moment.

Scott

I never got parental advice because I was raised completely unsupervised for most of my youth, plus I'm an only child.

Anyway, best advice - my first job in the computer business. I was leaving my new boss' office after shaking hands and coming to an agreement. Right as I walked out he said, "Nothing will get you fired around here faster than being an "a opening".

It was the best advice I've ever gotten. 45+ years later I still remember that moment.

Scott
What does this mean?

When I was a young kid prior to entering manhood and thinking that I knew it all, I made mistake after mistake and often the same mistakes repeatedly. Frequent mistakes in relationships or foolish/expensive purchases. My Dad told me to;
“Stop jumpin’ in the fire”!

Regardless how many people give you similar advise pertaining to something, it is that one piece of advise from someone that sticks with you, that you finally get. That one was mine. I live by it today and still learning from Dad’s walk in life.

Last edited:
Get married, whats the worst that can happen? Don't get married, best thing you'll never do. I'll let y'all decide which is best/worst advice.

Last edited:
Im gonna be 78 soon, divorce 30+ years ago. Then remarried another, that lasted 26 years, she died 4 years ago, I miss her. She was my motorcycle buddy... Will I remarry ,,nope, life is ok and simple now......but I do have her Harley, we ride as much as possible..

Back