Best vehicle for a person who needs to impress customers?

One friend of mine recently got his professional license and is a customer-facing sales rep. The main customer base is women in their 30s. He currently drives a 90s Civic so it wouldn't work out very well for him and he likely need a newer car. His family currently has a 2015 Prius and a 2008 Lexus ES, I wonder would those vehicles work well for him as well or should he plan to get something else in the long run (Mercedes? BMW? Tesla? Audi?)

He is in his mid 40s and prefer something reliable, not too expensive, but still shows that he is dependable and successful instead of just someone off the street not really know his thing.

your scenario describes why certain professions lease automobiles.

[QUOTE="I In front of my computer. Why does that matter?
[/QUOTE]
Because I haven't seen too many place on earth where BMWs and Tesla are "gross". Maybe not fashionable or douch, but gross seems a bit off.

I suppose any posturing can backfire.

I did learn one thing -which might illicit an immediate and visceral reaction- after spending time with a midwestern girl who lived in "American car country". There were so few imported cars where she lived, it likely transferred into her DNA.

In other words, if the "30 something females" you'll be selling to are middle Americans, you might do better with an American built vehicle.

Im not sure if you are being serious or kidding?
Impress clients/customers with a compact car? Or any 4 door sedan?

If not kidding ( I think you are), sorry but I will disagree in the strongest terms. You're going to try to impress a person with that?
Can you imagine a sports figure or Hollywood star getting in one?
No ...

Its this (and most likely what they ride in when not driving)

Tesla SUV with gull wing doors is pretty cool…. something different, something with a wow factor.

Because I haven't seen too many place on earth where BMWs and Tesla are "gross". Maybe not fashionable or douch, but gross seems a bit off.

Gross is a way better term than douche. There's nothing douchey about them. They're both just "meh" especially for a realtor that owns a Ferrari....hence gross.

I don't think he would be picking up luggage, but he may pick up a couple of clients' companions and other potential clients in the future along the way, and if he does pick up a lot of stuff he would be able to rent a van on company's dime. I think you hit the nail on the head about looking at what is obnoxious vs what is "newbie", and find a happy medium.

From what I heard a lot of his potential clients drive late 2000s IS250 or new Mazda3, these days they are sort of the "office admins" vehicles.

Pretty much what I've seen downtown Chicago too. Mazda 3 for the starting out one, then an IS250 for the secretaries who've been at their jobs for 15 years lol. BMW 328/340 could be a good choice too; it'll match a 40-something salesman who is modest, good at their job, and doesn't push their clients to buying unnecessary things.

I want to say Cadillac CT6 really bad, but him and his clients will probably have to be another 20 years older lol.

I can tell 90% of the contributors of this thread have never been in PROFESSIONAL sales..........

You guys are thinking like guys. My younger sister is in her 30's and we are besties. She likes late model Camaros and Mustangs.
Yep.

My wife has a thing against sedans…. Unless it’s a Rolls Royce. Better show up in something Grand Cherokee sized or bigger, a truck, or a sporty coupe.

As someone who spent 25 years in professional (industrial sales) fancy car = success is one of the greatest myths out there. I was one of the top sales people (in my field in L.A.) and I always drove Buicks, Oldsmobiles and later Hondas. When you pick a customer up for a lunch date-they care more about discussing business and having a good meal than anything else.

I did turn cars frequently and had 35 in my career. But I did drive between 35,000 and 50,000 miles a year.

The Lexus if in decent shape would be fine.
Yep, agree completely. I have been selling stuff to engineers my entire career. If you show up in too flashy a vehicle they perceive your making too much and are ripping them off likely. Engineers are a fickle bunch. I know - I have done their job myself in the past. I presume selling to bankers is a completely different story. It depends completely on your clientele.

Are these 30 something women riding in the car or you just show up?

Are these 30 year olds stay at home mom's or corporate attorneys?

If you want a very generic answer I currently live with 3 women, wife has a masters degree and speaks 3 languages, daughter 1 just graduated college, daughter 2 will graduate next year. They know nothing about car brands. They like cars that are clean inside and out and a pretty color. Just saying.

Back