Best vehicle for a person who needs to impress customers?

Type of client is going to matter the most but a BMW 5 series would work great and could double as a family car.
He already has a family vehicle and he will use this new vehicle exclusively for clients. You don't want to show up with a dirty car full of cheerios even if it is a BMW 5.

Reactions: Pew
Well, Model 3s are the new Corolla around here, so maybe a Model S Plaid?

Seriously, if he is gonna drive customers around, a Model 3 is ptobably too low for some people.
I would consider a smaller SUV. Model Y, Venza, NX or something like that might make sense, plus he can put his crap in the boot.

Good of you to think of him and help him out.

Well, Model 3s are the new Corolla around here, so maybe a Model S Plaid?

Seriously, if he is gonna drive customers around, a Model 3 is ptobably too low for some people.
I would consider a smaller SUV. Model Y, Venza, NX or something like that might make sense, plus he can put his crap in the boot.

Good of you to think of him and help him out.
Agree about the Model 3, it can blend in but wouldn't impress. Would women notice S Plaid vs plain S?

A fancy car might do more to hurt him than help. I have a 14 year old BMW, and while I keep it in very good condition, it's still an old car probably worth less than 9k, and I still hear comments like "must be nice" from my coworkers. He isn't trying to date these clients, he is trying to convince them he makes sensible business decisions. You want something in the middle. A nice newer Honda Accord or Toyota would be my choice. One of the sales reps I work closely with from one of our vendors does very well, and he drives a new Highlander.

Agree about the Model 3, it can blend in but wouldn't impress. Would women notice S Plaid vs plain S?
I was kinda joking about the Plaid... But, go big or go home, right?
The Model S is expensive. I acrually think a nice Model Y if he wants electric, or the Venza NX.

But find out what he wants. Hard to beat the Toyota family.

Was at the Stanford Medical Center for my wife a few days ago and the majority of cars were Tesla, BMW, Mercedes and Lexus with a couple of Audis and Volvos thrown in. ;)

Any legit company would provide a company car
One friend of mine recently got his professional license and is a customer-facing sales rep.
1) Any legit company would provide a company car to such a sales rep.

2) Why would it matter? Will part of the job involve driving these woman around? If not, I assume he parks in a parking lot and walks to customer's office so they would know what he is driving? Or is this job going to the woman's residence?

I had a "marketing" job with Proctor & Gamble during or after collage requiring me to visit half a dozen grocery stores a day and rotate the P&G cookies. Drove an old Dodge Dart with cases of cookies in the back seat.

Something like this will do the job.
1683065609189.jpeg

VW GTI. A guy who knows his cars and doesn't want to be ostentatious.
Tesla Model 3. A guy who keeps up, likes a car with a bit of spirit, and recognizes good value.
Lexus ES. A guy who knows his cars, and prefers a reliable ride.

Any legit company would provide a company car

1) Any legit company would provide a company car to such a sales rep.

2) Why would it matter? Will part of the job involve driving these woman around? If not, I assume he parks in a parking lot and walks to customer's office so they would know what he is driving? Or is this job going to the woman's residence?

I had a "marketing" job with Proctor & Gamble during or after collage requiring me to visit half a dozen grocery stores a day and rotate the P&G cookies. Drove an old Dodge Dart with cases of cookies in the back seat.
He would get an allowance to expense, but he is not a P&G sales to grocery store. From all I know he could be a marketing rep for a tech startup targeting successful women in their 30s, or a sales rep for plastic surgery, he didn't tell me the details (NDA signed).

Honestly, very few clients care. The fancy car image may have been a serious matter in the past, but in today's modern world....especially in Silicon Valley....no one cares.

What’s this guy‘s net worth ?

He might be on a budget.

Last edited:
Back