best priced place to get Toyota TPMS sensor replaced

hey all on my 2015 toyota i have the tpms light on and did the reset thing but it flashes which means one or more of the sensors are either dead or they are broken.
Usually I goto discount tire but down south here in Florida doesnt seem like there are many locations neaby

where would you recommend is the best priced place to get a tpms diagnosed and replaced?

Discount tire scanned my tpms (i believe they scan for free anywhere) and replaced the tpms + remounted/balanced tire etc all for i believe $55-60 in the past which I believe wasn't bad

I just dotn wanna pay a $90 tpms 'diganose' fee and then absurb sensor replacement prices etc

thanks!

or maybe i can buy preprogrammed ones from rockauto for a vehicle then i dont need programming etc? anyone have info about this for a 2015 toyota?

Which Toyota model? :unsure:

eBay has those universal sensors that they can pre-program if you provide them your VIN.

Rock Auto also has some for about $20 each.

My off brand "Pacific" sensor (which is OE to Denso, OE to Toyota) is $20. To get a tire broken down, sensor replaced, tire remounted and balanced for $50 seems cheap. (Though you can just break one bead and sneak a new sensor through the gap.)

Which Toyota model? :unsure:

eBay has those universal sensors that they can pre-program if you provide them your VIN.

Rock Auto also has some for about $20 each.
It’s a 2015 Rav 4
I saw rockauro and a lot of them come preprogrammed

Does that mean they will be good to go once installed or do they still have to get linked to my vehcile with a tool?

Thx

My off brand "Pacific" sensor (which is OE to Denso, OE to Toyota) is $20. To get a tire broken down, sensor replaced, tire remounted and balanced for $50 seems cheap. (Though you can just break one bead and sneak a new sensor through the gap.)
Can you find those on rockauro? Or seperate

Assuming you buy your sensors from a legit source like rockauto instead of Amazon (may be fake even if you buy from a genuine sellers as they mix their inventories together), buy the Pacific brand sensors and bring it to American Tires to install for $10-20 each. Both of my Toyota's TPMS OEM by Pacific.

American Tire / Discount Tire told me they don't need to dismount to replace the sensor, just break the bead and replace it at that side / edge, then seal the bead back up, no need to even re-balance. Pepboy's want to charge me $65 each and they want to dismount and remount, rebalance.

It’s a 2015 Rav 4

Does that mean they will be good to go once installed or do they still have to get linked to my vehcile with a tool?

Thx

Rock Auto sells both types. Some need to be programmed with a tool, and some don't.

Wow $28 for a sensor with install?
Yes, found out about it from here. Plus they're a name brand but forget the name at the moment. You can try to revive your old ones before replacing them just to make sure. Let 10 psi of air out of each tire and air back up. All the air going by the sensors can make them work again some times. Worked on my '12 Camry and still have the originals.

It’s a 2015 Rav 4

Thx
I’m sort of in the same boat with my ‘15 Sienna but no flashing lights yet. In my limited research, the way I understood it, the sensors that are preprogrammed have the data flashed into the chip already but your vehicle is still looking for the original numbers that were previously paired up so still needs programming. The blank sensors allow installation by cloning the original data from the old sensors and saving it into the new sensors chip so the vehicle detects the same numbers. Either way, there may be some level of programming or at least for Toyotas. If there is a plug and play aftermarket, I’d be all over that as well but likely I’m going to purchase some Toyota OEM or maybe at dealer.

You can try Walmart TLE, only $28 installed per sensor.

Last year my local Walmart TLE installed new sensors (purchased from Rock Auto) in my 2014 Town & Country for $5.00 each, no tax, $20.00 total. I made it easier for them by removing and dropping off the wheels (I was doing a rotation anyway), but was a good deal nonetheless.

Last year my local Walmart TLE installed new sensors (purchased from Rock Auto) in my 2014 Town & Country for $5.00 each, no tax, $20.00 total. I made it easier for them by removing and dropping off the wheels (I was doing a rotation anyway), but was a good deal nonetheless.
Nice what does tle stand for

Back