Best option to clean oil stained driveway?

So I went to change out my factory 0w20 oil in my Grenadier to Pennzoil Euro L 5w30. I managed to basically spill oil absolutely everywhere. What's the best thing out there for removing oil stains, if able, from concrete? Is there some kind of enzyme spray or other magic in a bottle?

Try kitty litter , saw dust , cooking flour or any type of dry powder to soak it up first . Give it time to soak up ....... sweep up and go from there .

So I went to change out my factory 0w20 oil in my Grenadier to Pennzoil Euro L 5w30. I managed to basically spill oil absolutely everywhere. What's the best thing out there for removing oil stains, if able, from concrete? Is there some kind of enzyme spray or other magic in a bottle?
Had you used 0w8, the Cleanup would have been a-lot easier.

Used purple power and let it sit then used some more and a brush after soaking up most of it first. Just be careful it's an actually strong chemical that'll burn your hands.

I prefer ashes over kitty litter. It will soak up any oil. After that I use brake cleaner or super clean to go after the stain. Rinse with water if you use super clean. If you use brake cleaner it will evaporate.

Just my $0.02

Two steps will get you great results. First soak it with oil eater. It's in a white and red spray bottle and has enzymes that break down the oil. Second Pour N restore. This stuff is nothing short of magic. Shake well then coat the entire oil stain going about 1-1.5 inches past the stain. I use a putty spreader to spread it evenly. Let it dry overnight then sweep away.

Cat litter never works well for me

Simple Green or Purple power straight. Pour it on scrub. Rinse and repeat. Then let sun break it down

Kitty poop soak is only good for absorbing the liquid and not for stains. I agree that Simple Green works well and mineral spirits can work well...

Sop up with paper towels then hose down with brake cleaner and dry with paper towels (pat)
repeat until oil stain is nearly gone (just looks wet)

Bonus points if you break out 2 cans of brake cleaner at the same time.

This works exceptionally well if its just splattered.. for large amounts(1qt+) some absorb or kitty litter first might be prudent.

Back