Best locally available spray lube ?

For use on auto door hinges latches maybe motorcycle levers and chain if possible. I Been using wd 40 or similar but i can tell how often i have to use it, its not working and may be drying it out more.White lithium doesn't really work at all so what will thats available at wm or meijers or tsc?

Pb blaster and liquid wrench is similar to wd 40 i dont want to have to apply it every 3 days not really the answer i was looking for thanks

An awesome chain lubricant I use is PJ1 Blue Label chain lube. Its made for motorcycle chains, it sticks to the chain and doesn't really come off easily.

When i worked at a shop i would use this but its very pricy. Has anyone used the lucas spray grease i know how everyone including myself feels about their products but its 12.00 a can ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220425-215822.jpg
    Screenshot_20220425-215822.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 35
As was mentioned, motorcycle chain lube is great for all types of hinges. After the carrier solvent dries, a sticky grease film remains in place for quite some time.

The Super Lube mentioned by Snagglefoot is good. Applies thin, penetrates, then flashes off to leave a thin layer that does not attract dust too bad, IMO. It claims it is not EPDM rubber compatible. It's available in it's own mfg. can and also labeled as a John Deere product.
1650976762804.jpg
1650976866564.jpg

Walmart sells a white grease in a spray can that is pretty useful, and cheap, but you said white grease doesn’t work? Maybe get an old fashioned oil can and fill it with gear oil or straight 40 grade motor oil. Or how about bar and chain oil for chainsaws? That stuff clings like crazy. So would STP.

Thanks for the replies i dont think white grease does much on auto latches it just doesnt penetrate and looks like hell. I will try the suggested products thanks.

Not a lot of these are locally available. I’ve used fluid film with good results, but a silicone or wax product would collect less dirt.

Back