Best/affordable way to pick up a boat/trailer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe its just me, but I wouldn't want to risk someone who I do not know pulling an expensive boat on a trailer for 600 miles, anything can go wrong. They hit the brakes a little too quickly, the trailer jackknives and the boat comes off the trailer (happened to a friend of mine). The wheel bearings burn up and the rig is stuck on the side of the road, hopefully with the boat still on the trailer.

I would pay a licensed flatbed hauler to hoist the trailer onto the bed and transport it to you. It will cost yes, but it will get there. It is a one time only cost, best of luck getting her home.

What's wrong with the '98 Ranger? I mean, if it's not good enough to go 600 miles then how's it going to manage 60 miles for short trips?

I'm thinking you should just fix whatever issues it has, then use it from the get-go as the thing you want it to be.

^^^ repairs to the ranger may be less than the rental too, and will also be an investment you keep.

DITTO on tires and bearing service. Trailer tires spin fast, are generally heavier loaded, and aren't long-lived like passenger radials.

-m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back