Best ~$3 filter ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: eljefino
Originally Posted By: va3ux
It seems odd to me that a dollar value ( "$3") is being used as the primary criteria for selecting a filter. For an item that is only purchased a few times a year, this seems like false economy.

I disagree, when I shop for a TV I want the best I can get for $400... a house that's in my price range, car, etc...

Setting an upper limit is reasonable.

Oil filters aren't in the same league as a house, car, or even TV, which relates to the false economy part of the statement. It'll take 50 years of savings on $3 oil filters to buy a relatively cheap $400 TV.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Originally Posted By: va3ux
It seems odd to me that a dollar value ( "$3") is being used as the primary criteria for selecting a filter. For an item that is only purchased a few times a year, this seems like false economy.

I disagree, when I shop for a TV I want the best I can get for $400... a house that's in my price range, car, etc...

Setting an upper limit is reasonable.

You'll get the best available for $400. But you won't get the best.

We're talking here about a dirt cheap consumable that gets replaced just a few times a year, not a major one time expense.

Originally Posted By: youdontwannaknow
What is currently the best filter in the $3 range ? Best in terms of construction quality, function (adbv, bypass) and efficiency (filtration).

For "MY" use "one" Amsoil EAO13 = $12.00 PC price used in place of four $3.00 conventional filter's for, four normal OCI's!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back