Best 20K oil

You mind as well go with Bypass filtering installation system if you want to push it that far and feel safe about it, not counting the amount of used oil analysis as additional spending to track the life of the oil and wear. It gets to the point of diminishing returns vs changing your oil/filter 4 times with less money at 5000 miles.

Anyways the only oil I've seen here that can push oil drain intervals to extreme milages without destroying while actually cleaning your engine is HPL oils, just expect to pay industrial grade pricing and have a batch of oil filters on standby as the oil filter replacement interval would be your point of concern with additional oil top off.

Why on earth would a person want to that long on an oil change?

Laziness.

Busy Life.

Maximum penny pinching (borderline neglect).

Wants to destroy his engine before trading his vehicle in for another.

Say you change your oil and filter with M1 5W30 EP and a Fram 20K ultra oil filter before taking a cross country trip (all interstate) then doing some combo local and interstate coastal travel . I’d like to think before a UOA that M1 EP oil can go at least 10K miles with the majority bring interstate miles ?

With all the oil tests done with Blackstone, What is the final conclusion on the best 20 K oil?
NONE CHANGE IT. Check out “I do Cars” on YouTube. Posted a tear down of infinity engine after 60k miles. Sludge sludge. 3 oil 3 20k oil changes and engine was toasted in hot sludge pie. Oil is so cheap in comparison to an engine. Change oil max of 5K with any GDI engine

Vanilla M1 is "rated" for 10,000 mile changes, M1 EP has the 20,000 mile number. So, would you run Spertech or M1 EP for the extended drain interval?
Do even realize hot hot a turbo will cook oil temps? Do realize a turbo producing 1 bar of boost that turbo will be spoiling inside close to 20k rpm’s. Then most don’t warm up engine before mashing it or allow cool down time? I don’t know why mfg don’t have a turbo timer installed in the ECU software

You're going well over 2x longer than most believe is even "possible" with your engine. If you believe everyone, your engine will only survive a few hundred miles longer than the automaker's warranty and explode.... There will be issues with cam phasers, timing chain guides, etc, etc yet the engine oil is still very much viable according to UOAs. These UOAs are a pesky thing ! Suggestions are always to have them done but don't believe or accept them when they go against conventional (here) wisdom ! 😂
Heck it’s cheaper to change your oil than even getting a UOA if you change your own oil

You mind as well go with Bypass filtering installation system if you want to push it that far and feel safe about it, not counting the amount of used oil analysis as additional spending to track the life of the oil and wear. It gets to the point of diminishing returns vs changing your oil/filter 4 times with less money at 5000 miles.

Anyways the only oil I've seen here that can push oil drain intervals to extreme milages without destroying while actually cleaning your engine is HPL oils, just expect to pay industrial grade pricing and have a batch of oil filters on standby as the oil filter replacement interval would be your point of concern with additional oil top off.

Laziness.

Busy Life.

Maximum penny pinching (borderline neglect).

Wants to destroy his engine before trading his vehicle in for another.
Since you are taking a personal shot at me, I will respond.

The correct answer is
"Three out of four."

Also, it is all thoroughly documented, with qualifications, in posts and threads on this board.

Last edited:
You're quite soft to take my reply as a personal attack which isn't the case and intent, only pointing out whats going one's mind on why they want push an oil service life to 20K, specially with off the shelf retail oils.

You're quite soft to take my reply as a personal attack which isn't the case and intent, only pointing out whats going one's mind on why they want push an oil service life to 20K, specially with off the shelf retail oils.
So now you are calling me soft ?
OK.
I would like to ask anyone who met me in person
at the first HPL Open House,
what is your opinion ?
Do you consider me to be "soft" ?

Back to oil discussion.
High Performance Lubricants recommended
that I use one Mobil 1 Extended Performance oil filter
for the full 30k mile OCI.
The data trending clearly shows acceptable wear rates,
as much as that can be claimed to be revealed.
That is without bypass filters.

YMMV.

Last edited:
Back