Berryman Intake Valve and Combustion Chamber Cleaning Kit #2611

I was wondering if anyone has used this product, and can comment on its effectiveness for reducing carbon buildup from piston crowns.

I haven't used that particular kit but I have used the STP kit which I'd bet is very similar (ingredient wise).
I definitely noticed an improvement* on my GDI Focus when I used it at approx. 50K miles for the first time.

I would use this Berryman kit (or the STP or the Seafoam) without hesitation but not every 10 or 15K as some here suggest. I'd use it every 40 or 50K as PM and more frequently only if issues arose.

* engine revved freer and I'm certain it wasn't a placebo effect.

I have use crc intake and turbo cleaner about 10 times.
After each use many positive improvements.

I used that Berrymans kit once.
The can empties very quickly compared to the crc.
Better throttle response after.

I have use crc intake and turbo cleaner about 10 times.
After each use many positive improvements.

I used that Berrymans kit once.
The can empties very quickly compared to the crc.
Better throttle response after.
I use about a fifth of a crc can every oil change prior along with an occasional oil flush and pea additive in the tank.

I have recently used the Berryman system and I love it. I had been using CRC and it was a bit of a pain, burning my fingers in the engine bay and having to stand there with the heat blowing on me.
With the Berryman I just set it up and walked away while the cleaner was dispensed at the proper rate. I will be using it again soon and I will never use CRC again.

I just made an extension hose on the CRC straw and it was able to get where I needed it to go. like I said before I think it's about consistency not about quantity

Any risk of hydrolocking or sucking in non-aerosolized liquid solvent with the Berryman kit? I like how it comes with a flow restrictor compared to something like Seafoam that is sprayed in at full flow from the can.

I used the Berryman kit on my moms 2013 Hyundai GDI with 130K. It took care of the stumbling idle at start up and made accelleration a bit smoother.

I finally got around to trying this product, and wow what a nightmare! I followed the directions to a tee, but the majority of it ended up pooled up in my intake plenum rather than getting drawn through the engine. Some liquid solvent spilled out as I pulled the intake air boot to remove the hook straw from the throttle body after the can was empty, and it was at this point I knew I was sc$ew$d.

I pulled the throttle body to see if I could mop out the solvent, but there was too much in there to be practical. I ended up having to remove the entire upper intake plenum to drain and clean up the solvent, but the worst part is that the stuff that spilled out from the throttle body started eating the split loom and insulation on the throttle body wiring harness! The split loom got all soft like spaghetti, and the insulation on the wiring started to get discolored and hard. I sprayed everything down with electrical contact cleaner, and then flooded the engine bay with clean water after reassembling everything.

Do not use this product unless you want to potentially smoke your engine! I can't image how bad it could have been if I drove the vehicle per the instructions afterward with all that liquid solvent in the intake potentially sloshing right down into a cylinder. My guess is that the inline flow restrictor is a joke, because the solvent came out faster than I expected and emptied the can in about 5 minutes. If it was applying the correct amount of aerosolized solvent for the amount of air going into the engine, then there shouldn't be any liquid left behind.

Last edited:
The instructions say just idle the engine. When I used this product the engine kept stalling, you have to be in the car and get the rpm’s up

I didn't notice any change in how the engine idled while I was adding the solvent (no stalling, hesitation, etc.) Engine vacuum is highest at idle, so the engine speed shouldn't make that much difference to being able to draw in the solvent properly. I think the issue is that the flow rate even with the restrictor is much too high because the professional compressed air induction cleaning tools inject about the same amount of solvent in mist form over a 30 minute period rather than 5 minutes with this product.

Last edited:
Back