Barstool Pizza Review - Loui's Pizza (Hazel Park, MI)

Detroit style is good. Have you had Jet’s Pizza?

There’s also a frozen brand we get at Walmart that is very, very similar to Jet‘s. Surprisingly tasty for a frozen pie!

Well, he admits he prefers lighter style pizza, so the 7.7 is a good score. Pizza is like chili, and well, about everything - everyone has their favorite.

Well, he admits he prefers lighter style pizza, so the 7.7 is a good score. Pizza is like chili, and well, about everything - everyone has their favorite.
I was surprised he would give any "Detroit style" pizza that high of a score. Shows he is either open minded or a master marketer. I will have to try a Detroit style pizza, never have been his review makes me want to try.

Detroit style is good. Have you had Jet’s Pizza?

There’s also a frozen brand we get at Walmart that is very, very similar to Jet‘s. Surprisingly tasty for a frozen pie!
Never ever had Detroit style pizza. The only time I ever heard of Detroit style was when Little Caeser's ran commercials for it. I will be on th lookout for Jet's- thanks.

Never heard of it before, but there is a place in Calgary I will try:

He's done a fantastic job of boosting small businesses throughout the US and even a few in Toronto.
His scores are very good indicators of good pizza.
The One Bite app is worthwhile if you like pizza. His score if he's been there. Locals score as well.

I would like to try that. I like "heavy" pizza. Light on the dough and heavy on toppings.
I prefer a thin and crispy crust.

I like Portnoy and what he's doing.

Good detroit and good chicago are very hard to come by.

Pretty sure he gave Uno's and Malnatis high 7 or 8 as well.

Until I saw the Barstool video- I didn't know Detroit pizza was a special recipe. All I ever heard was Little Ceaser advertisement for Detroit pizza.

Excited to try it!

IMG_3286.jpeg

Just popped one of these in the oven (doctored with extra mushrooms, onions, and bell pepper, of course!

This is one of the few frozen pizzas that actually taste like takeout pizza.

Back