Auto Rx or No?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently Driving a 95 Ford E-350 with the 5.8L 174,000 Miles. I am wondering if I should invest in a Auto RX treatment for this engine. I do not want to do anything that would hurt this daily driver. What would you as users recommend, and what process mileage etc.

Thanks

The question I would ask you is how long do you plan on holding onto this car.

If it is a few more years, maybe not, but if you plan on driving this car until it falls apart then auto-rx would be a good idea.

I would visit auto-rx.com and look up the application instructions.

I wrestled with the same question for my 93 Aerostar. After seeing what it would cost to replace, and what I had, I tried the A-rx. Visit their website and print the instructions for High Mileage vehicles. You'll have to do two clean and rinse phases, it takes some time to work. If you plan on keeping your ride it will be worth the investment, assuming you have sludge issues, a dirty engine, or leaking seals. JMO

What's the condition of the vehicle currently? If you have been using a reasonable OCI and the engine isn't a sludger, then you probably don't need it. I did that to my Corolla and it doesn't do anything, on the Camry V6 sludger it seems to leak a bit but reduced a slight amount of varnish in the engine.

Either way the engine will probably outlast the transmission or the chassis.

If you are planning on keeping the van the money on A R/X would would be well spent. Look on the A/RX web site for instructions.

Even if you don't keep it for awhile it will help resale value/customer satisfaction.
Also could help fuel economy, oil usage, seepage/leaks and smoother running.

Takes some time and $40+ but well worth it. It will not hurt, it can only help.

Originally Posted By: Allan_G
Currently Driving a 95 Ford E-350 with the 5.8L 174,000 Miles. I am wondering if I should invest in a Auto RX treatment for this engine. I do not want to do anything that would hurt this daily driver. What would you as users recommend, and what process mileage etc.

Thanks

I would, it's great stuff and I have seen very good results. Auto-Rx contains no solvents just a combination of non-harmful lanolin esters that clean the metal surfaces in your engine.

Originally Posted By: moribundman
I got some fine sheep wool scrubbies here...

Who did you fleece to get them??
48.gif

Wow lots of info. I plan on keeping this tough rig for sometime, the frame is good, and we are doing some mild body work to her. recently I had some issues with the oil pressure gauge, NO NOISE, just the idiot gauge when cold would take forever to come to normal range. It would go to the far left. I am running Pennzoil Dino 5 W 30 for the winter, we had 4 weeks of very sustained cold. OCI's are 3000-4500 I do a variety of work from heavy hauling to towing not on a regular basis. In the winter time this is my DAILY driver as it moves right through anything.

Bought her back in 02 with 114,000 and a regular service record.
I have run the following oils only in the last 7 years.
Pennzoil Dino, Formula Shell, Wolfs Head, and 1 change with Supertech HM (red bottle) Mainly Wolfs head and Pennzoil. 10W30 in the summer fall and cold winters 5W30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back