Auto-RX caused a leak...again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Did anyone notice how KEVZ dropped that little piece of derogatory comment and hasn't replied since?
Another potential hit and run?

Mola, You are an indisputable lube guru and fountain of knowledge.... BUT OH MY GOSH!!! Nothing derogatory was said! I cant stand it when people blindly defend Auto-Rx and malign anyone who has had anything but an A1 experience with it.
mad.gif

derogatory? uhh what did i say...?

It's leaking and i can't much about it at the moment.
It's not a bad leak. A section of the oil pan is wet but, it's not leaving spots on the pavement/driveway.

I think ARX is a good product, i just didn't expect it to cause a leak in this particular car because the gasket was replaced not long ago.

Maybe it will stop leaking ...who knows?

I also think AutoRX is a good product for most, but for me it hasn't worked wonders. There isn't a lot of discussion of these kinds of problems.

Yuk, hows this; if you have a leak on your car engine, trans, diffy, etc. Fix the leak. Sometimes as Mola mentioned you have to go back and retorque.

If you add ANY fluids to those components and they leak afterwards, still fix the leak.

Kev, you need to check the torque and ensure a good seal on the pan gasket.

Any oil with a good ester component synthetic/natural has a tendency to find loose spots or clean the dirt and build up that was holding the lube in place.

Fix mechanical issues first. Auto-Rx isn't magic it is a cleaner and secondly a lubricant.

If dirt is restricting a good seal on a polymer seal that can be rejuvinated then RX may help you, if its a crushed gasket for non moving components I doubt it will help unless they are polymer and dried out.

No one is protecting RX from criticism. Its a chemical tool, has to be used right by people who understand what it can do and what limitations it has.

Terry

My apologies to KEVZ; I used the wrong word; the word should have been "critical."

Nothing personal KEVZ and I hope I did not discourage you or anything, but occasionally we have some people come by, drop bombs and other inuendos, and never answer anyone's questions.

It almost sounded as if the problem's cause was being put on the ARX product when it might be substandard or damaged seals.

quote:

The cost, time, and effort for replacing the seal isn't worth it to me.

OK, personal opinion or reflection, so why do we need to know that? I would prefer comments that reflect clear, direct cause and effect data, just my HO.

Haveing to retorque is a very common occurance even if proper torq. spec was used initialy! IT happens in aobut 30% of all cases. Most come backs's are solved by re torq. not to be confused with over torq.! This is one of the reasons so many OEM's now require thread sealant and thread locking compound on so many applications that did not use them origanaly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back