Auto parts store employee sadness

A local grocery chain that has been around for decades tried to open a new store in Flint a few years back (all this food desert PC crap)
first problem was they couldnt find anyone to work even with decent wages. The second issue was that the majority of the people that came in the store left with their pockets and jackets full of itmes they didnt pay for. They held on for a few months but that was all, they lost millions due to theft. Of course all you hear on TV is how some big mean corporation has abandoned Flint again.
Walmart announced closing their inner city stores in Portland and Chicago. My opinion of Walmart improved. I have no interest in paying higher prices to subsidize theft elsewhere.

I don't think you should be allowed to sue anyone, if your in the process of committing a robbery/crime. Injury/ death is a risk you assume if you are committing crimes.
An uneducated jury will feel good about "sticking it to the man".

Then later complain on the local news that there are no auto parts stores within 100 miles of their crappy neighborhood.

A local grocery chain that has been around for decades tried to open a new store in Flint a few years back (all this food desert PC crap)
first problem was they couldnt find anyone to work even with decent wages. The second issue was that the majority of the people that came in the store left with their pockets and jackets full of itmes they didnt pay for. They held on for a few months but that was all, they lost millions due to theft. Of course all you hear on TV is how some big mean corporation has abandoned Flint again.
“They need their space” - oh, the space is lost now … ?

[QUOTE="I KCK is basically the Florida of the midwest....sigh
[/QUOTE]
This area has went downhill in the 20 years since we've been here. Not as bad as Cali yet, the cold prevents the homeless. The youngest is only in 7th grade so have a few years left.

An uneducated jury will feel good about "sticking it to the man".

Then later complain on the local news that there are no auto parts stores within 100 miles of their crappy neighborhood.
Alot of those here 😅 So it just might happen.

There's 20 part stores within 10 miles.. They should of hit Advance.. hardly anyone there.

Maybe this guy can plead guilty to manslaughter instead of going to trial for second degree murder.

I feel bad for employee but sometimes you just let shoplifter go and try to get license plate.

Maybe this guy can plead guilty to manslaughter instead of going to trial for second degree murder.

I feel bad for employee but sometimes you just let shoplifter go and try to get license plate.
Only one side of the story is known on what happened. Similar to the charge of first-degree murder on the 77-year-old Arizona boarder rancher- those first-degree murder charges were filed within hours of the deceased being discovered. Seem very non-typical to have first-degree charges processed so swiftly.

It is easier to play Monday morning quarterback, then look at the big picture. One example, in many places, and it is growing, mature women are at risk to simply get in their car and go to a grocery store on a Tuesday afternoon. This is reality. The media rarely reports these attacks happening frequently against mature women going to the store. But the attackers of these mature women did not start out ambushing mature woman going to the store. They more than likely started out doing lessor crimes, were not challenged, and now carjacking, violent robbery, etc have become easy to execute for these prior unchallenged criminals.

When one of our Wifes, Sisters, or Mothers get violently carjacked, I think the theme of "just let the criminal go" may get adjusted by the victim's Brother, Son, or Husband. Statistics clearly reveal letting the criminal go is an endorsement for the criminal to raise their game. That is reality.

Here is an example. The picture of the victim is significantly nicer than many pictures of numerous woman carjacking victims one can find if searching hard enough.

375738261_10161178673070477_4516054819319271733_n_736x514.jpg

Last edited:
It's ridiculous that people have to resort to vigilante justice :(
Historically it has happened in the USA before:

""Two major vigilante groups operated in San Francisco, California, one occurring in 1851 and the other in 1856, both of which arose during the California Gold Rush in response to avid crime, government corruption, and prejudice against the immigrants. These two militia-style groups lynched 12 people, kidnapped hundreds of others, and forced several elected officials to resign. Each Committee of Vigilance formally relinquished power after deciding the city had been “cleaned up.”

When the young city was incapable of handling the disorder and mayhem on what began to be called the “Barbary Coast,” San Francisco merchants established the “Committee of Vigilance” in 1851. Meeting in secret, the 700-member group drew up bylaws. It soon announced that San Francisco’s elected government was incapable of protecting the life and property of the city’s citizens and claimed that role for itself.

Their justice was swift and sure, hanging four men accused of murder. Word of their deeds of lynching and excommunicating criminals spread fast, and San Francisco’s crime rate declined rapidly. Their unprecedented success made them heroes throughout the west, spawning vigilante groups in numerous other locations. Their mission was complete; the first organized group of San Francisco was formally disbanded by the end of 1852. Law enforcement returned to the elected authorities, all of which just happened to be former committee members.""

Last edited:
Criminals are like two year olds. If bad behavior is allowed to continue unpunished... it just gets worse. Best to nip it in the bud.

I am sorry for the employee who took his job seriously. He is the good guy. In days gone by, he would have been given an award and promotion.

yeah guys - I don't believe anything the corporate chuckleheads or the national retail foundation say about retail theft. it's just another excuse to jack up prices.

The CFO of Walgreens just openly said they "cried" too much about theft last year. their stock price will be just fine.

I would invite those journalists to operate a retail establishment in a high-crime area, funded by their own money.

I would invite those journalists to operate a retail establishment in a high-crime area, funded by their own money.
Theres plenty of accurate information out there, they just chose to follow their own narrative. Good reporting isnt easy and easy reporting isnt good.

Speaking of everything being locked up like a 3rd world country, come visit Portland Oregon lol

Is ghettofication a word?
I've posted about the bike thefts we had in my area and the constant casing of properties, which pretty much stopped when the "low income" housing (which was a converted mansion retrofitting to have a huge pile of rental units in it) nearby burned down. A few blocks away (keep in mind, this is a beautiful old part of town, generally large lots with brick century homes that are well kept) where a friend of mine from work lives, they've had a number of brazen B&E's.

Well, there's a neighbourhood newsletter that circulates in his area and one of the residents authored a piece on the B&E's arguing that what these people really needed was a sandwich. That they were breaking into the house and stealing valuables because they were hungry :oops: (not to feed their drug habit, a problem which is endemic not only here but in many parts of Canada and the US). Her proposal was to outfit somebody's porch with a refrigerator and stock it with sandwiches which she was confident, would stop these acts for occurring.

There is a segment of the population that truly believes, with all their heart, that "hug-a-thug" is not only a valid method, but one that is wholly effective in dealing with crime, and with some of them, the belief is so strong that even if they were to experience a crime, they'd still be promoting it. Of course most end up going the way the person @GON posted about did, and that's a complete 180 on their belief system once their sense of safety has been violated.

Criminals are like two year olds. If bad behavior is allowed to continue unpunished... it just gets worse. Best to nip it in the bud.

I am sorry for the employee who took his job seriously. He is the good guy. In days gone by, he would have been given an award and promotion.
Yep, my mom got into quite the exchange a few years ago in a group that's literally dedicated to curbing thefts and tracking thieves. One of the "advocates" (a former addict by her own admission) got quite upset and was targeting my mom over her views that the police should be able to hold these people, and, if they are addicts, commit them to treatment facilities.

This woman was arguing for more of what hasn't been working; a doubling-down, and was quite incensed that anybody would have the gall to disagree with her due to her "lived experience".

My mom noted that homeowners, that pay the taxes that fund these services, should be able to dictate how their money was spent, and this set this woman off, arguing that only people like her should be able to make those decisions. When my mom asked her if she'd ever owned a home or payed property taxes the discussion really went off the rails.

I've noticed there is a lot of crossover between these people, and the folks that believe in degrowth and that we can power society with wind turbines. They become absolutely unhinged when you draw attention to the gaping holes in those arguments. A rational discussion where facts and data are presented and discussed is well beyond their capability and they immediately resort to ad hominem.

Back