ARX success story - Ford Vulcan 3.0 V-6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have used ARX in 4 different vehicles EXACTLY as they tell you to. All were scarcely affected at all, with only one even having a detectable result. The product stinks, period.

The worst vehicle of the 4 was transformed in MINUTES by a competitors engine cleaner and runs and drives nearly perfectly today.

Why would anyone use ARX more than once? Not me.

Their site has full instructions; follow them.

The "rinse phase" needs to be done with any group II or III with a good detergent and dispersent package. They have a list on their site. Do not use a PAO or ester based product for the rinse phase.

Originally Posted By: dnewton3

The "rinse phase" needs to be done with any group II or III with a good detergent and dispersent package. They have a list on their site. Do not use a PAO or ester based product for the rinse phase.

With all due respect... Why?

For the initial app ("clean" phase??) - I have one quart Redline, the rest Maxlife Nextgen in there. This is what I put a grand total 12oz. of A-RX in.. Has been in there for about 500 miles. I was going to change it in 1000 miles, since I have just under 3k miles on that fill.. Should I run the A-RX out to 1.5k miles? Please advise.. I really am not sure what the A-RX does in rinse/clean.. Please advise, I *was* just going to run Synpower and be done with it.. Sounds like not a good idea? .. Thanks!

You have to have it in, for at least 2500 miles, but if I were you, I'd leave it in for 3000.

ARX is really good in transmissions (automatic), but when it comes to engines, I believe there are a lot of better products out there.

At least that's my experience.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GearheadTool
Originally Posted By: dnewton3

With all due respect... Why?

For the initial app ("clean" phase??) - I have one quart Redline, the rest Maxlife Nextgen in there. This is what I put a grand total 12oz. of A-RX in.. Has been in there for about 500 miles. I was going to change it in 1000 miles, since I have just under 3k miles on that fill.. Should I run the A-RX out to 1.5k miles? Please advise.. I really am not sure what the A-RX does in rinse/clean.. Please advise, I *was* just going to run Synpower and be done with it.. Sounds like not a good idea? .. Thanks!

I am not the chemist that desgined the product, but I accept the limitations they prescribe. I cannot adequately explain "why" down to a scientific atomic level; that's not my strong suit.

I can tell you conceptually what ARX does. It is a tri-ester based metal cleaner. It does not attack stuff; it slowly disolves combustion byproducts. It takes time to work right, and needs the right conditions. You will never see any benefit from it in short durations. ARX can help clean seals (not only rotational and axial seals but also piston rings, etc).

And then, during the rinse phase, it needs a compatible product to enhance the removal of the "cleaned" up stuff it broke loose and partially/completely disolves. The main thing it does it seek out and solubilize the byproducts of combustion (soot, etc). It softens the hardened and coked and sludged materials, so that a good cleaning oil can wash it away into the filter. If you use a product that competes with the chemical package, the effects are muted or negated.

Further, ARX cannot fix mechanical damage; only repairs can do that.

And ARX cannot clean up what does not exist. If you start with a healthy engine, there really isn't much for ARX to do.

I simply suggest this:
Use as directed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back