Arteries

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put in about a tsp of brown sugar on my oatmeal; haven't tried it straight up in a while. Maybe tomorrow. I do Bob's quick cooking steel oats, takes about 5 minutes to cook on the stove (make my coffee and lunch while cooking). Haven't touched instant stuff in like forever.

I did start having an egg a day, with breakfast, about 2 years ago (when eggs were ok again). I just saw my cholesterol number the other day and noticed it has gone up quite a bit--I recall it below 100 when I was barely 20, now it's hit 109 for a total number. Not sure if I should worry or not--my doc certainly isn't concerned.

Now if I could just shed those 40lb I put on after college...

2 years ago I ended up in the hospital near death. Drowning in my own fluids . Could not breathe. Within hours I was diagnosed . Put On a heart transplant list suffering from congestive heart failure and a ejection fraction of 10%. I was so close to death my family was summoned bedside. If you ask me about a bright light. The answer is yes. Yes there is. It was that close. But it wasn't my time. 3 days later I was feeling better. 9 days later I was walking again. After a year I was finally healthy enough to rejoin the gym . And then finally no feet falling asleep. I am 100%. My ejection fraction is 65 which is great for somebody 56 years old . My doctors say it's miraculous. They attribute my survival to having clean arteries and healthy eating habits. And that's thanks to my dad who had a stroke at 57 from poor eating habits. Always rolling around a greasy sausage and a pan and then throwing eggs on it . I grew up with that and I didn't want it to happen to me. I'm still nervous eating eggs and sausages. I pretty much avoid breakfast lol

Spin it any way you want, blame it on big pharma, etc

What is scientifically known is high levels of triglycerides and LDL in the blood and bp are clear indicators of circulatory problems I put my money and health on that fact. I take bp meds, statins, exercise and get health screenings. Statistically I will outlive people that don't do these 4 things. Nothing is certain but pay attention to statistics.

I am 73, weigh 140, bp is generally 115/76, pulse 55 I go to the gym 4 times/week.
Cholesterol 166, LDL 77, HDL 74, TG 75.

I still think one of the biggest problems is sugar. I don't eat a lot of it, but my Triglycerides are low naturally.

From what I've read, cholesterol seems to be a symptom, not a cause. Hence why statins can dramatically reduce cholesterol, but seem to have little impact on mortality; it's hiding the symptom, not fixing the cause.

And, yeah, sugar seems to be implicated in a whole host of health issues.

Plant based eating can reverse some heart dieases, get you off your type 2 diabetes meds..

Originally Posted by CourierDriver
Plant based eating can reverse some heart dieases, get you off your type 2 diabetes meds..

100% meat can remove inflamation (which causes heart disease), and cure all sorts of "autoimmune" issues, which are commonly actually sensitivities to plant toxins....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back