Archoil

Archoil what? They have 7 products.
Sorry I too have more than one of their products.But for the power stroke issues i was talking about the AR9100.I don’t have any diesel’s anymore but still am going through the old stock of the oil additive
IMG_2136.jpeg

I did find a thread on ar9100 from 8/6/14 I should of known it would of come up earlier

I only asked if anyone was using ar9100 in their oil changes in a gas engine. I know about striction in diesel injectors.

I've tried it a couple times to reduce noises. I didn't really notice much in that regard. However it does seem to be helpful in smoothing out power steering in my experience. And of course we know that it does well with the PSDs.

I've tried it a couple times to reduce noises. I didn't really notice much in that regard. However it does seem to be helpful in smoothing out power steering in my experience. And of course we know that it does well with the PSDs.
Have not tried the Arcoil but after reading your post about Bestline I tried it in my Expeditions 5.4l 2v that developed a start up timing chain rattle this past summer. Noise went away in 2 days and has not returned in 2 months. I had tried many things prior to this and it was the only thing that worked, Thanks.

Here is the MSDS. It lists the major components.

3 Composition/information on ingredients
3.1 Mixtures
Chemical Name Concentration CAS Number EC Number R/H Phrases* Symbols
Potassium Tetraborate 1-10% 12045-78-2 H315, H319,

Fatty Acid Ester 10-50% 68440-09-5 270-434-5
Methyl Oleate 20-40% 112-62-9 203-992-5 H319, H413

Tetra ester 10-40% 68334-18-9 269-815-9
Paraffin 20-50% 8012-95-1 232-384-2 H413

Have not tried the Arcoil but after reading your post about Bestline I tried it in my Expeditions 5.4l 2v that developed a start up timing chain rattle this past summer. Noise went away in 2 days and has not returned in 2 months. I had tried many things prior to this and it was the only thing that worked, Thanks.
Nice Glad it worked for you! It quieted down the timing chain or so I think it's the timing chain in my Crown Vic for quite some time. Eventually the noise did return but I imagine the actual mechanical issue is getting worse over time.

Back