Aramco gas stations?

Just saw one today. Wanted to get something at a convenience store but they were out. Asked the clerk. Said their prices for fuel went way down, as they were previously 76. Doesn’t look like they’re Top Tier licensed.

Where was it?

Oakland, California.

I wanted to buy a lottery ticket (for entertainment) and the clerk said they had to reapply for a retailer agreement with the name change.

Many people here know of gas station turnover arrangements. Are all 76 stations turning over?
Old tanks...new ownership; part of the gas station life cycle.

I bought gas today at an odd Conoco in NJ. There are a few...and they're all of the same era.

Many people here know of gas station turnover arrangements. Are all 76 stations turning over?
Old tanks...new ownership; part of the gas station life cycle.

I bought gas today at an odd Conoco in NJ. There are a few...and they're all of the same era.

Sure it happens all the time. I've seen some where they went independent but to save money they kept the color scheme, but hid the previous brand name. Even saw that with a Chevron station that went more or less independent, but then back to Chevron.

In another vein, I looked at the "alcohol-free gas station list" and every one I went to was from the '60's and closed.
I bet the "parent refining company" assessed the station needed its tanks replaced and just stopped doing business.
Then, some enterprising person decided to open an "alcohol-free gas station" on a month-to-month lease.

Also, these alcohol free stations charged a lot and when they folded, it was over for that station.

My personal favorite was a big, new station which opened on Rt.17N in Allendale, NJ. The color theme was green and white.
It had hot food service as well as the usual snacks.
The green and white station opened under the name, "Leprechaun".
A month later an established chain called "Quik Check" took over. SURPRISE! Their color scheme is the very same green and white.

No doubt, QC wanted to open a station but got someone to deliver a turnkey operation instead of the QC chain having to deal with construction, inspectors etc.

Doesn't ARAMCO now own Valvoline? One stop shopping, a tank of high test and 5 QT Jug of Restore and Protect. Possibly a delicious kebab from the deli section?

Back