Apparently the last EVO Sportster has rolled off the line.

It's kind of sad to see Harley quit making the Sportster however they will probably make a retro model in a few years. I remember the show called "Then came Bronson" and the main character rode a Sportster all over the country. I used to like watching him ride that bike. There are so many other bikes such as the Honda Shadow Spirit that look very similar to the Sportster. The Sportster is very easy to find as a pre-owned bike. I am sure there are many sitting in garages that have not been started for years. Pride of ownership.

I suspect well see some new versions of the Revolution based Sportster S and Nightster to fill the holes.

It's kind of sad to see Harley quit making the Sportster however they will probably make a retro model in a few years. I remember the show called "Then came Bronson" and the main character rode a Sportster all over the country. I used to like watching him ride that bike. There are so many other bikes such as the Honda Shadow Spirit that look very similar to the Sportster. The Sportster is very easy to find as a pre-owned bike. I am sure there are many sitting in garages that have not been started for years. Pride of ownership.
The Sportster is the minibike for adults
!

Harley just made a HUGE mistake. The Sportster is probably the most iconic motorcycle ever produced. It has a sound different than the big twins, especially the iron heads. You can hear the grunt and the valve train. I had a 2004 1200 Custom and I'm sorry I ever sold it. I had more fun on that bike than any other.

I've ridden the new Sportster and it sounds and feels like a sewing machine. It has no heart. No soul.

If they do to the big twin what they did to the Sportster, it will be the end of Harley. I guarantee it.
This is what happens when a foreigner and bean counters run a company.

It is my understanding that the Air cooled sportster wouldn't pass Euro emissions and has not been sold there for a year or two. I suppose they had to do something.

Guess we will see in January at the dealer meeting if there is a replacement. Thy need something low in the line.

I've got an '85 Max, bought it new. Definitely a keeper.
I had an '89 I bought from a CMSgt in the Air Force. Wish I still had it. In fact I wish I still had most of the street bikes I've owned, just to have them. The '85 Max is a gem, I'd never let go of that one...if I ever got the itch to get another one, it would be the 2nd gen...

NO loss IMO my 2008 XL1200L was a top heavy pig with poor brakes + suspension although the engine was the best design hardly would NOT use on their bigger bikes because it costed more + HARDLY is CHEEP + over rated IMO

I think he has a Victory.

As you may or may not know, I have a Ridgid EVO Sportster. The newer ones are night and day different (ive ridden several) but i do agree the CG is high on them all.

Still I hope they come out with an expanded line of the Revolution based ones to fill the holes... They need to get a low back in the line up too.

Back