Rolls Royce repair: Just give it to the new guy.

After the nasty Mercedes I got handed a rolls Royce. Customer complaining that there is a rattle in the passenger door.

Yup sure is. Nobody wanted to touch it so I was the lucky one.

Got the door panel off and found the umbrella holder..... yes this car has umbrellas in the doors! LoL . One end of the holder goes into a rubber bushing and it somehow fell out and was banging around in the door.

Job was actually very easy. My worry was breaking something plastic. There is a piece of trim on top of the panel and it lists @$10k!

I just kinda let the panel hang there as it's very light. Put the umbrella holder back in position with a zip tie to make it stay and put it back together.

IMG_20240104_101713840.jpg
IMG_20240104_105532244.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad you got an easy job with the RR after having to deal with the nasty Mercedes and previous timing chain replacement on a Jaguar.

I know that you are being challenged and learning from the experience, but no way I would entertain wrenching on Euros and exotics for a living. Hope they are compensating you generously.

My grandson works at a shop that repairs and maintains exotics . He's just a grunt . He goes to school at night for Instrumentation . He loves it though . Learning a lot .

After the nasty Mercedes I got handed a rolls Royce. Customer complaining that there is a rattle in the passenger door.

Yup sure is. Nobody wanted to touch it so I was the lucky one.

Got the door panel off and found the umbrella holder..... yes this car has umbrellas in the doors! LoL . One end of the holder goes into a rubber bushing and it somehow fell out and was banging around in the door.

Job was actually very easy. My worry was breaking something plastic. There is a piece of trim on top of the panel and it lists @$10k!

I just kinda let the panel hang there as it's very light. Put the umbrella holder back in position with a zip tie to make it stay and put it back together.

View attachment 196553View attachment 196554

Nice BMW. ;)

Parts Changers.. stay very very far away. When I was in "jolly ole" England, I had a retired RR repair gentleman that took me under wing
so's I could attempt to pick up a few of his skils. Mechanically I had very few problems with issues that made things move forward. The rest of it was a different trip. pc

Back