anyone try both EDGE and PU yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used EDGE during my previous OCI. It was good. UOA here. I'm running Ultra now and will get a UOA done, but it'll be a while. I'm only 2500 miles into it. So far my butt dyno doesn't notice any difference.

yah I had to chose between the 2 also. After researching, I chose PU.

Why you may ask?

Because everybody here was raving about PP.

And since PU is supposedly better and a level above PP than you know it must rock!

If PP is great then PU must be Awesome.

Thats how I chose!

yup

No UOA's but have used both in 5w30 flavor, like Barlowc says, I can't tell any arse dyno difference. I'm using the XL right now that is rougher than both, the car seems a little shaky. May be withdrawals from the PU in it last time? Actually PYB was the smoothest according to my arse.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: sangyup81
Re: anyone try both EDGE and PU yet?

My PU is just about on the EDGE...

Yup mix em.
thumbsup2.gif
You will get "PEDGE"
For PU = PUDGE

Both very good oils. My only beef with Edge is that it is a thin 30 wt. If they could bring the viscosity up to about 10.8 at 100*C I would probably use it quite a bit.

We currently run Edge in our Toyota Avalon with excellent results, in fact the wear numbers were extremely low on the last analysis. The Edge is very, very, smooth. I was running Pennzoil Ultra in my Corolla for the last two oil changes and have to say it was outstanding as well; very smooth on cold starts and cleaned off the varnish stains from my dipstick. I am now running Pennzoil Platinum as I wanted to try it to compare as well. So far, it too is excellent. I would highly recommend either the PU, Edge, or PP! All are solid choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back